SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #1
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2
Roll Eyes First dent in my new car

I know you guys will appreciate my feelings on this.

I bought a new 2013 Chevy Equinox in August. This is my very first non-Saturn, and my first new car. In November, I moved to Florida. A few weeks later, I came out to my car at work to see this:

Yes, that is a HUGE door dent. Actually, it's 3 total dents, all down to the metal. To make matters worse, my insurance says it's collision (which I have a $500 deductible, versus $50 comprehensive) so on my door it shall live.

I miss my polymer door panels!!!

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: First dent in my new car

I know exactly how you feel. That first blemish on a steel-bodied car sucks, regardless of how it happens.

On the used Nissan Altima I am currently financing, there is a deep scuff mark on the front bumper after I brushed up against a concrete post while squeezing into a narrow parking space. That was back in April and I still have not fixed it.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #3
anmasher
anmasher has a spectacular aura aboutanmasher has a spectacular aura aboutanmasher has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2
1996 SL2

I love our wonderful plastic panels. Some sweet old lady decided to remove my bumper and quarter panel yesterday because checking both ways before going through a stop sign is just way too much trouble. But instead of spending huge gobs of money having a shop fix a metal body, I unbolt said panels and replace them from my favorite junkyard. $100 and a couple hours of work and the car will be new again. Those now cracked panels remain to be the only "dent" on the car after almost 20 years...

BTW - I left over 20 feet of rubber from my new tires.

Last edited by anmasher; 01-02-2014 at 12:12 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anmasher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anmasher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #4
blackbeard
blackbeard is on a distinguished road

1993 SC1

Ouch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blackbeard's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blackbeard reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:58 AM   #5
nickson
nickson is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that. I remember when I got the first dent on my rig before. My deductible was 500 also and the total repair cost is around $1k.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nickson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nickson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

I feel for you. Three weeks ago I traded my 2008 Aura for a 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS. This past Saturday I was backing into my driveway and tapped the corner of my house.

I was for several hours.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 SC2
-2001 Limited Edition SC2 (#78)
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:44 AM   #7
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1

That sucks. We had something similar happen to the Ascender not long after we got it. But being you weren't driving it, most insurance companies would allow that under comprehensive. I'd push that issue myself.

In our case my wife was doing a lot of running around and didn't notice it until she went to take some stuff out of the back. We weren't even sure when or where it happened, but they covered it under comprehensive.

But sooner or later, those dents happen. Especially once you no longer have plastic panels.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #8
Chesterton
Chesterton is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-1 Sedan

Honestly while the body for Saturn is nice...and it sure as hell keeps from getting random dings and dents....AND it also doesn't rust so the body always looks pretty crisp. After I crashed my car I decided that I don't much like plastic bodies...sliding into a ditch shouldn't have torn that much of my car apart

2004 Saturn Ion sedan 1 (sold)
2006 Chevy Malibu LT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chesterton's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chesterton reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chesterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #9
GR898SL2
Master Member

My brother's Ion3 was hit on the front driver's side corner over the weekend. (At least the driver who hit him left their insurance info.) At night it didn't look bad, but when the sun came out, I noticed the gash that took out the blinker and a chunk of the plastic flanking the headlight, loosened the grille, pushed the headlight out and cracked the foglight bezel.

While still costly to repair, my brother's damage is a mere boo-boo compared to the picture Chesterton posted. The passenger side got torn up good, but hopefully the wheel is still usable. Good luck with that repair!

Last edited by GR898SL2; 02-25-2014 at 11:01 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #10
Chesterton
Chesterton is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-1 Sedan

lol, sadly that tire was destroyed and I'm also missing some sort of black plastic box that used to be where that hole is...some sort of air filter..thing (you can see I don't know much about car mechanics) it was about $1700 in damages but I could not afford a 500 dollar deductible so I took a check for the damages and I'm getting a new car this Friday.

2004 Saturn Ion sedan 1 (sold)
2006 Chevy Malibu LT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chesterton's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chesterton reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chesterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #11
GR898SL2
Master Member

Correct about the box you lost in the accident housing the air filter. Sharp eye!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-14-2014, 03:00 AM   #12
suha52
suha52 is on a distinguished road

You could try takimg it back, but how do we or the dealer know you didn't do it to the car yourself.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to suha52's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help suha52 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
suha52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #13
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

I was just as aggravated when my wife came home after shopping sporting the first of many door dings on our Vue.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hiddenlites is offline   Reply With Quote