SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
Scott Peterson
Scott Peterson is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
Default went to a auction

as it says i went to a local repo/seized vehicles auction house, and their was a 94 saturn SL1 5 spd their, i think it had like 136,00 or 163,000, i forget, but the motor looked nice it had new plug wires, and the INT was spotless and the trans shifted like a FREAKING DREAM, but the motor was shakeing kinda bad, but it still had decent power, it wasant bogging out or anything, and i took a closer look at the CTS and sure enough this one had 2 sensors not 1 like my 97, and wow one of the sensors wire wasnat even hooked up i think it was the temp gauge one as it wasnat registring. and both of the sensors had wire connectors on them and the wireing job looked like ****, it looked so bad that it would all have to be removed and rewired and new sensors installed. but man that car was cherry looking. and it sold for 750$ i felt so bad for letting it go, i shoulda got it. but it had the annoying power seat belts do you think it woulda got 40MPG ?

1997 sl2, auto

I love the greaters too...you can't even tell who the *** he is greating. Both of his eyes are looking different directions. You only go to walmart for comic relief.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Scott Peterson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Scott Peterson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Scott Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
xtremeranger
Advanced Member
xtremeranger is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
2006 ION Red Line
Default Re: went to a auction

SOHC 5 speed...easy 40 MPG...Ida bought that in a heart beat to drive back and forth to werk and around town and gave my GF my Automatic 98 since it costs about $80-90 to fill her expo...

2005 VUE Red Line AWD - Tint, Audio, K&N
2006 ION Red Line Competition Package - Stage 2, strut bar, Hurst, Antenna delete, tinted corners, painted headlights

1998 SL2 - SOLD 87K-113K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xtremeranger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xtremeranger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xtremeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
RalliArt16
RalliArt16 is on a distinguished road

1996 SC1
1995 SC2

Completely off topic:

Is your name really Scott Peterson? Because thats not a very good name lol.

1996 SC1
1995 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RalliArt16's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RalliArt16 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RalliArt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
Scott Peterson

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliArt16 View Post
Completely off topic:

Is your name really Scott Peterson? Because thats not a very good name lol.
yes it is and yes i get that alot, any way please stay on topic.

1997 sl2, auto

I love the greaters too...you can't even tell who the *** he is greating. Both of his eyes are looking different directions. You only go to walmart for comic relief.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Scott Peterson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
Scott Peterson

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeranger View Post
SOHC 5 speed...easy 40 MPG...Ida bought that in a heart beat to drive back and forth to werk and around town and gave my GF my Automatic 98 since it costs about $80-90 to fill her expo...
i feel realy bad for not getting it but it was purple also do you think it just needed both sensors replaced and rewire ? that motor was shakeing like a decent miss, but it had good power yet. also some guy got another 95 sl2 dohc for 200$ but the motor was smokein oil and coolant ou the back and running bad also.

1997 sl2, auto

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:32 PM   #6
samsr
samsr is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
1997 SC2

Probably a rewire, a new acts and maybe some engine mounts and she may have worked well. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me though.

15 S-series put back on the road.
Now working on a 2000 LW2 v6 auto. Timing belt, 2 intake valves and more getting discovered.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to samsr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help samsr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
samsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
xtremeranger
Advanced Member
xtremeranger is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
2006 ION Red Line

Yeah for 750 ida replaced a few things, mounts, ects...few other minor things and jsut drove it!.....maybe hung on to it till gass gets to $5/ gal and then sold it..

2005 VUE Red Line AWD - Tint, Audio, K&N
2006 ION Red Line Competition Package - Stage 2, strut bar, Hurst, Antenna delete, tinted corners, painted headlights

1998 SL2 - SOLD 87K-113K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xtremeranger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xtremeranger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xtremeranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

'94 SOHC would be the 85 HP TBI version. You didn't miss out on much.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
Scott Peterson

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
'94 SOHC would be the 85 HP TBI version. You didn't miss out on much.
yea it wasant the fastest car in the world, but it sure looked nice and 40 mpg the car would of sold its self and to find a tranny that shifted like a dream like this one is hard to come by, but that miss that the motor had, made me back out. a dealer was selling the car at the auction as he couldnt sell it on his lot im guessing that the motor rocking back and forth like that people didint buy it.

1997 sl2, auto

REWARD EXCELLENCE!