SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Wheel squeak bearing?

Got a rhythmic squeak from wheel. Jacked up front and pass wheel bearing is a bit noisy. Ordered bearing. Today I jacked up rear and seems pass rear is noisy too. Huh? 2 wheel bearings? But, a bearing does not squeak, does it? I spun all 4 wheels and I cannot find squeak

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
Vue6
Vue6 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Wheel squeak bearing?

...I don't know if this pertains to your situation, but , my vue had a similar noise from the rear. I think it was where the half shaft goes into the rdm, the seal , possibly the spring in the seal had worn thru the rubber , and when the halfshaft rotates , it makes that noise. I managed to stop the noise, cheaply , by spraying white lithium grease around where the halfshaft goes into the rdm. The noise stopped for a while, only appearing sometimes after raining or when really cold out, just a thought that might help, DC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #3
tcndeb
tcndeb is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

Might need weight on it to make it squeak, although a wheel bearing squeak would be a very fast squeak. The bearings I have had go bad tend to rumble more than squeak.

'04 Base Model Vue, 2.2, 5 Speed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tcndeb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tcndeb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tcndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L

Turned out be be backing plate. Lower edge next to ball joint

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote