SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
saturn95
saturn95 has a spectacular aura aboutsaturn95 has a spectacular aura about

2001 SL2
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Dizzy Wiring diagram for Power Window

Hello to all, this is my first post here.
I am trying to fix my window on my rear passenger window. It goes up but cannot come down . I took it all apart and the motor turns one way but not the other way so clearly it must be a wiring problem. I checked the switch and it seems to be working fine. The motor is also new. can anyone help me with the wiring diagrams or suggestions???Also, from the main drive buttons it behaves the same way. So one wire must not be working or something. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn95's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn95 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Wiring diagram for Power Window

Welcome to the Forums!

I suspect that you have a 95 SL-1 or 2 based on the number of doors and your handle. Might an to put the car info into your profile.

The center console switches can cause this problem as they are interconnected. Have you checked both the door and console switches?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
saturn95

2001 SL2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Sorry about that, yeah my car is a 4 door SL1. I checked the door switch and it seems fine. In the other hand, I have not checked the center console. I know the two switches are interconnected but wouldn't it not work at all instead of just going up??Is this a common problem?Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturn95 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

There are many problems with power windows. Usually it is either the door switch or the center console switch. The motor is grounded through the non pushed center console switch and both the door and center console have an independent power feed.

On the black bar above^^^ you will see SEARCH, click it and then inside that drop down click ADVANCED SEARCH. Search for <power window> and limit your search to S-Series Forum and How-To Library That should pull up a bunch of info.

I do not have a schematic for a 95. I do have one for a 98-99 and it should be the same but I have to run it through the scanner.

There is a detailed description on how to take the console switch apart and fix it, somewhere.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
SRGW
Advanced Member
SRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to allSRGW is a name known to all

1997 SL1

Will this help?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1995 SL1 Window.pdf (34.1 KB, 292 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SRGW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SRGW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SRGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
OldNuc

1998 SC2

That should make it clear to the OP on how the motor is grounded through the non depressed switch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #7
saturn95

2001 SL2
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: Wiring diagram for Power Window

Thanks a lot for the wiring diagram, you guys are great. That should help me narrow it down. I will let you guys know after I take apart the main center switch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Do the search and find the disassembly instructions. The replacement is pricey.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
saturn95

2001 SL2
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: Wiring diagram for Power Window

I finally got it. I took apart the main switch and cleaned it. The contacts were all black so I scratched them with a screw driver and cleaned it with alcohol and that was it. so it is working perfectly. Thanks a lot for the help everyone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #10
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2

Nice... Gotta love the free fixes. Nothing more satisfying.

1996 SL2 5MT
1997 SL1 5MT
2000 SW2 5MT
All gone, but not forgotten.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCraig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCraig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:12 AM   #11
BigMo729
BigMo729 is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Re: Wiring diagram for Power Window

2008 Saturn aura XR driver window regulator motor is not getting any power
checked the rocker switches and there all good . Checked engine compartment fuse #50 and ome meter reads good on the fuse . The pigtail were it connects to the motor has 5 wires . Yellow is Hot and 2 brown connect the rocker door panel switch those 3 wires connect to door panel rocker switch and getting power from rocker switch to the motor. then looks like 14 gauge red & 14 gauge black wires there is no power to the red wire to the motor checked the ground and that's good. any one have this problem and know were the power supply for the red wire comes from. All other windows work fine

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BigMo729's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BigMo729 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BigMo729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:07 PM   #12
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

BigMo729, posting about Aura problems in the S-series forums reduces chances of other Aura members replying.

Below is a wiring diagram that may help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg '08 Saturn AURA.jpg (164.2 KB, 29 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote