SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
lewis/nj
lewis/nj is on a distinguished road

Default 2002 L200 @36K miles

My 2002 just ran out of warantee today. Please keep your fingers crossed for me :-)

Never a single repair on it so far. My 2000 LS2 was in for 17 repairs before I traded it in so what a difference!

But now with the horrible depreciation of my L I'll be keeping it a good long while so gosh will I be nervous - every noise or vibration will catch my attention. Those 100,000 mile warantees on the Koreans sure would be welcome here.

Lewis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lewis/nj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lewis/nj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2003, 10:11 AM   #2
socketz
socketz is on a distinguished road

You can still purchase an extended warranty if your really that worried.

Call your retailer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to socketz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help socketz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:21 PM   #3
Xanatos
Xanatos is on a distinguished road

Yeah I have the 4 Year 60,000 mile extended on mine (I'm at 42 thousand right now). I'm thinking about trading in the car eventually, but while I still have it, I think I'll extend it to the 100,000 mile warranty for the extra money. I wonder how much that will cost.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xanatos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xanatos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Oh it's a Saturn! Try to own an import and let it runs out of warranty, more painful that way.

2002 L200 should be very reliable on both Body integrity and Powertrain area. Of course, if you abuse it on regular basis and careless on maintenance then nothing will last.

Worry about repair bills? Then you should lease and have a new car every 3 years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:42 PM   #5
lewis/nj

I wish I could lease but doing 28K miles/year makes it impossible.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help lewis/nj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:43 PM   #6
skijay
skijay is on a distinguished road

by reading Lewis/NJ post, I do not think he would want to lease, it looks like he goes over the standard mileage allotment, and the cots to buy extra miles makes the purchase of a vehicle more cost effective.

I can put between 20-25k a year in a car, so leasing is out of the question for me. My lease payments would be more than I feel the use of the vehicle is worth for the 3 to 4 years. In my case, in the long run, the purchase of a vehicle is the way to go.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skijay's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skijay reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:48 PM   #7
lewis/nj

I actually do have hope the next 100K miles will be pretty good regarding repairs. 36K with no repair is a pretty good start.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-13-2003, 01:41 PM   #8
Qlara
Master Member

100% Agree!

I mentioned Leasing because that's the shelter for unexpected Repair bills and new car smell every couple of years.

In fact, high-mileage is not always the main killing point to doom a car. So a good practice on maintenance and gentle treatment to your vehicle is the key. And Saturn cars do last by doing this way.

Lewis: L200's powertrain is very reliable with its design. What you may need to worry about unexpected repairs are those Power items like moonroof, windows or light bulbs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2003, 01:44 PM   #9
lewis/nj

I got the stick and a couple of friends with 2002 L's here in NJ have had clutch troubles with their 2002 stick L models but I do mostly highway so again- fingers crossed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-13-2003, 03:23 PM   #10
Qlara
Master Member

Some isolated cases on clutch problem doesn't mean your car will also carry the same trouble.

Though I do not own a stick tranny in L-series, I do own a '94 S-series in stick. Cases are we have some fans in here saying troubles of the clutch in S-series too, but mine is already over 130+K mileages and most parts are still original.

I keep my finger crossed too, but who doesn't? if you own the same car for long time? So no need to worry much and just keep on driving.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread