SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
HJ92126
HJ92126 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XE
Default Outlook Review

This was on GMI I hope it isnt a re-post

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2670

2007 Outlook XE
2006 Grand Prix

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HJ92126's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HJ92126 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HJ92126 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
uboys
uboys is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Outlook Review

The reviewer expands in the comment section too:

Quote:
# Eric Miller:
November 21st, 2006 at 9:04 pm

Could you expand on four things:
1. How does the quality of the interior compare with other GM products that you have experience with?

The design is pleasingly conservative and a better effort and execution than the PlaySkool designs of GM’s past. The materials are genuinely nice where it counts and merely look nice where it doesn’t. Not Audi, but certainly as good as Toyota. I’m sure there were some cheesy elements you could nitpick, but overall it represents a vast improvement for GM and better than industry average.

If you’d like to know about any specifics, let me know and I’ll expand.

2. Has GM finally discovered the tilt-telescoping steering wheel (with continuous adjustment increments)?

Yes. Thank god.

3. What did you think of the dual moonroofs?

I’m not always a huge fan of moonroofs. The front roof is a conventional tilt/slide glass moonroof with one-touch and a manually operated perforated black roller-shade. The 3′ x 4′ fixed rear skylight over the second row was a nice touch and added to the spaciousness. The rear roller shade was powered and could be [one-touch] controlled from the front.

4. The promise of the Lambdas is that they have the Holy Grail of crossovers– a usable third row. Have they achieved this?

Yes. Again, someone will nitpick, but I sat in the back seat and I was comfortable (6′2″) even when the front and center rows were also adjusted for adults. Three-across would be too tight for me. The seating position was much more natural (minivan-like) than most SUVs due to the flat mid floor (no hump). It was more comfortable than the rear seat of most mid-size sedans. My knees weren’t in my chest. The third-row verdict: Vastly superior to almost any SUV, and as comfortable as most minivans.

Jut as important, getting into the rear was as easy as most minivans. ‘Smart Slide’ may sound gimmicky (hey, so does ‘Stow-n-Go’) but is easy to operate and takes little effort. I’m pretty sure that kids over 5 years could do it themselves. But little tikes might just walk back between the seats if you opted for second-row buckets.

The rear doors have very little dogleg intrusion which makes it all a little easier (and the rear windows go all the way down too). I don’t think that same 5 year old could open Outlook’s rear doors. Minivans have the advantage of power sliding doors. They can engineer power liftgates, why not power opening side doors?
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2670#comment-20319

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to uboys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help uboys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
uboys is offline   Reply With Quote