SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 08-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
08AuraXR
08AuraXR is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
2002 SL2
Default Hrm... Paddle shifter broke. Got mad punched steering wheel emblem. How to fix.

My right paddle shifter broke. My guess this may be due to abuse from whomever demoed the car prior. I got annoyed because I have other rattles and crap, and punched the Saturn emblem on the steering wheel and dented that.

Ok.

Can I purchase another saturn steering wheel emblem, and how do I get it off.

The shifter trigger broke off on a small weak point right on the steering itself.
I'm bringing the car back in to have some other things looked at as well, outside of this the car has been fantastic, and is picking up fuel mileage and a lot of pep!
08AuraXR is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
longislander
longislander is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE
Default Re: Hrm... Paddle shifter broke. Got mad punched steering wheel emblem. How to fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AuraXR View Post
My right paddle shifter broke. My guess this may be due to abuse from whomever demoed the car prior. I got annoyed because I have other rattles and crap, and punched the Saturn emblem on the steering wheel and dented that.

Ok.

Can I purchase another saturn steering wheel emblem, and how do I get it off.
My brother is a psychotherapist specializing in Anger Management. Want his phone number ?
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Humy
Humy is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Hrm... Paddle shifter broke. Got mad punched steering wheel emblem. How to fix

I didn't know Auras came wit paddle shifters? XR?
Humy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
08AuraXR
08AuraXR is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
2002 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander View Post
My brother is a psychotherapist specializing in Anger Management. Want his phone number ?
Lol. No, honestly I was in Long *****land when I hated my life enough to punch my steering wheel :]

I didn't expect the shifter to break, after I had gotten the worst directions ever stressing to make a wedding ceremony I was 20 minutes late for, and the vent rattled like a 1997 Kia at 250,000 miles. Its a $10 emblem :] But the paddle shifter that I'm sure cost more money but that must have been something that was weakening over time, because the left one is as firm as can be.
08AuraXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humy View Post
Never admit to something like this. Just go online and look it up like at the Saturn web site.
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #6
ARECCE
ARECCE is on a distinguished road

You cannot replace the emblem on the steering wheel airbag. It comes with the airbag. The 15892323 is the passenger side switch. List pricing is shown.

15895323 SWITCH ASM-A/TRNS MA $40.46
15895322 SWITCH ASM-A/TRNS MA $41.33
15226680 MODULE ASM-INFL RST $702.98
ARECCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humy View Post
Initially, all '07 and '08 XR's did and then for '09 every one with a 6-speed auto did...which was every Aura, 4-xcyl XE/XR or V6 XR.

As for the broken paddle, I had a friend who ordered a new Malibu LTZ and it had a paddle that didn't want to work, resulting in the dealer getting a whole new steering wheel. Otherwise, in a few other Aura and Malibu cases, it seems they just got a new paddle assembly, and no problem.

Otherwise, for the emblem, generally it's all one "part" with the center airbag cover/airbag and can usually only be ordered as such. Of course, anything is doable and there's always another emblem to be had somehow, but it depends and isn't made to snap on/snap off, so to speak.
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote