SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods

Old 10-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default pass. seat track on drivers seat?

I noticed theres a wire for something when I swapped seats on the drivers seat. Is that built into the track (I didn't pay much attention to it, other then to not rip it out) or can I replace the track with the one from my old passenger seat?

Is there a safety problem with doing this and thats why they didn't do it stock?
The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #2
boomer359
boomer359 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
1999 SC2
Default Re: pass. seat track on drivers seat?

My guess would be that it has something to do with the seat belt light in the instrument cluster. Either that or maybe an airbag thing. I'm betting on the seat belt light, though, since as far as I know, the car doesn't seem to care whether the passenger is strapped in.
boomer359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:48 AM   #3
quiksc2
Master Member
quiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura aboutquiksc2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Is it like a non-electrical wire? Like fencing wire, kind of? I remember my 94 sl1 had that going across it, i have no idea what it was for.
If I wanted ride quality, I would drive a Cadillac. If I wanted to be a sheep, I would drive something that says Vtec on the side of it...
DCS
quiksc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #4
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

No idea what its for, I was just wondering if it's built into the track. I want the drivers seat to move like the passenger side does. I've got a 2nd set of seats that I can take the tracks from.

I was just wondering if there is a safty issue involved because I would think doing this would be simpler then adding a 3rd door.
The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #5
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

There shouldn't be any problems. I have a completely non-factory seat rail on my driver side and I don't have any dash lights or buzzers on my 92.

But I do seem to remember an issue with trying to bolt a passenger side seat bottom to the driver side seat frame. I could get it bolted on, but the height adjuster was maxed out at "full high" which is not a possibility for me since I'm so tall.
Not a Saturn.
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote