SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #201
Saturn-R
Saturn-R is on a distinguished road

2002 SC1
Default Re: S-Series Swap Guide

So.... if I get a 97-99 hood from an SCx it will fit on my 2002 SC1 without any physical trouble? Can anyone confirm this? What about a 2000-02 trunklid from an SC2? Will that fit the 02 SC1 also? I've searched high and low on here and other internet sources and its just not clear 100%.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn-R's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn-R reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn-R is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #202
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn-R View Post
So.... if I get a 97-99 hood from an SCx it will fit on my 2002 SC1 without any physical trouble?
Yes, it wil bolt right up and fit fine.

Quote:
Can anyone confirm this?
I have done the opposite easily. I put a 2002-2002 hood on a 1999 SC2.

Quote:
What about a 2000-02 trunklid from an SC2? Will that fit the 02 SC1 also?
2000-2002 spans two different body designs. I believe the metal part of the lids are the same. You would need to swap over the plastic panels/reflectors attached to the lid. [/QUOTE]

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #203
Saturn-R
Saturn-R is on a distinguished road

2002 SC1

Oops. Typo. I meant 2001-02 trunklid... from SC2 to my 02 sc1. I like the gen2 hoods and gen3 sc2 trunks. Thankyou very much, Low. The wrecker across from my work has 2 gen2 SCx's for a hood, no damage. Just have to track down an SC2 of the gen3 variety for a trunklid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn-R's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn-R reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #204
kabush85
kabush85 is on a distinguished road

Last edited by kabush85; 08-09-2011 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: oops

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kabush85's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kabush85 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kabush85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #205
kabush85

Is a 96 SC2 Manual Transmission the same as one from a 92 SL2? Will the 96 work in a 92 is what I need to know. Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help kabush85 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #206
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabush85 View Post
Is a 96 SC2 Manual Transmission the same as one from a 92 SL2? Will the 96 work in a 92 is what I need to know. Thanks
Yes, it will work.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #207
kabush85

Thanks Mike

KAB

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #208
silentd
silentd is on a distinguished road

1997 SL1

so if i read this correctly i cant swap a 95 SOHC head, onto a 97 SOHC block?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silentd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silentd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silentd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #209
Orion FE
Orion FE is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Yep. Same block.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Orion FE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Orion FE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Orion FE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #210
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentd View Post
so if i read this correctly i cant swap a 95 SOHC head, onto a 97 SOHC block?
Yes, you can. You'll just have an extra temperature sensor that you wont use.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #211
Ultimate
Ultimate is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to successfully swap a 99 SOHC into a 97 SOHC? That is just the head and block, all accessories and electronics would be from the 97.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ultimate's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ultimate reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #212
Brendo613
Brendo613 will become famous soon enough

1996 SW2

Trying to sell a power steering rack & pump from a '96 DOHC. I want to specify in the ad what years & models this is compatible with; will it fit any? Not sure if the pressure switch makes it OBDII only, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Brendo613's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Brendo613 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Brendo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:38 AM   #213
tfalkner
tfalkner is on a distinguished road

can i take a 1994 sl2 manl motor and put it in a 1996 sl1 manl and if so what do i have to change to get it running

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tfalkner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tfalkner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tfalkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #214
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

The short answer is not without a great deal of work. More details on what you are trying to do and a new post in the tech section with a descriptive title will generate more answers though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #215
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalkner View Post
can i take a 1994 sl2 manl motor and put it in a 1996 sl1 manl and if so what do i have to change to get it running
Yes it can be done, but you'll need to make a trip to a junkyard for a few parts.

To do this swap you need to pick up a 1995-1999 DOHC intake manifold, 1996-2000 DOHC fuel injectors, EGR adaptor (I sell these, but do not currently have any), and 1996 DOHC manual PCM.

Use the throttlebody off the 1996 SOHC engine as well as the vacuum line assembly and sensors which differ from the 1994. The 1994 engine will also have an extra temperature sensor that will no be used.

Overall its a pretty easy swap if you have access to the parts you need.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #216
Steve Nowak
Steve Nowak is on a distinguished road

I have a badly frayed transmission cable on my 2002 sc1. Question I have is if the 02 sc2 cable would fit my car, because finding one for the sc1 has proved impossible, unless I go to GM and pay something like three hundred dollars for the part.

Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steve Nowak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steve Nowak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Steve Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #217
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nowak View Post
I have a badly frayed transmission cable on my 2002 sc1. Question I have is if the 02 sc2 cable would fit my car, because finding one for the sc1 has proved impossible, unless I go to GM and pay something like three hundred dollars for the part.

Any ideas?
All manual transmission cables are comparable throughout all years and models of the S-Series. Some goes for automatics. So yes, it will work as long as both have the same type of transmission.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #218
Steve Nowak

Thanks, Mike.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Steve Nowak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #219
Steve Nowak

Mike, you saved me six hundred dollars today, and the junkyard transmission cable is doing what it should be doing.

Thank you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #220
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nowak View Post
Mike, you saved me six hundred dollars today, and the junkyard transmission cable is doing what it should be doing.

Thank you.
Im happy I could help.

And $600! That's insane. Shift cables can be found for under $100 and as you know, installed fairly easily.

Someone charging $600 for a shift cable repair should be charged for sexual assault.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!