SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
scalemechanic
scalemechanic has a spectacular aura aboutscalemechanic has a spectacular aura about

2000 SL2
Information 2000 SL2 parts

i have a 2000 SL2 with a DOHC engine and plan on going to the junkyard soon to get some needed and spare parts (it's one of those all you can physically carry out for 50 dollars day). i plan on getting a front fender, radiator, radio, sensors and erg valve and maybe the PCM. i would like to know what years SL2's have the same parts as my 2000 so i'll get parts that fit. thanks in advance, jim

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scalemechanic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scalemechanic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scalemechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
Zero_DgZ
Advanced Member
Zero_DgZ will become famous soon enough

2002 SL2
2002 SL2
Default Re: 2000 SL2 parts

IIRC, 2000, 2001, and 2002 share the same body style. Engine parts are widely interchangeable across almost all model years, but engines between those three years should be functionally identical.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zero_DgZ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zero_DgZ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zero_DgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Fender - any 2000-2002 sedan or wagon. The cherry is a color-matched fender
Radiator - any 1993-2002 model (but unless you can see it's a very recent replacement, it's probably not worth the trouble)
Radio - any 2000-2002 model (hardly worth the trouble when aftermaker radios are so much better)
PCM - (IIRC) 2000-2002 SL2, SC2 or SW2 with the same tranny and combination of cruise, A/C, ABS, RKE as yours. I *THINK* you'll need the BCM as well
EGR valve - stay with 2000-2002, any model. I believe the electric EGR did change at some time (even though they look the same)

Also worth considering (price-to-weight / price-to-bulk ratio) - air bags, air bag SDM, cluster, door handles, door mirrors, console controls, console box, ignition parts, throttle body, headlights/taillights, fog lights, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
off-track
Master Member
off-track has a spectacular aura aboutoff-track has a spectacular aura aboutoff-track has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalemechanic View Post
all you can physically carry out for 50 dollars day
Holy crap!! Where are you located? I sure wish the yards around here had deals like that. I'd load up for sure! Then again.. I'm sure most of the hulks would be totally stripped.

1997 - SL2, barebones, 161k, Auto - Rebuild complete and.. burnt a valve 20k later Arrgh!
Purchased 114k 10/07
Added OEM CC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to off-track's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help off-track reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
off-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
scalemechanic
scalemechanic has a spectacular aura aboutscalemechanic has a spectacular aura about

2000 SL2

Zero DgZ i don't know what the 11RC means at the begining of your reply but thanks to you and Madpogue for the info i was looking for.

off track i'm in the northest, proably a bit to far to travel from madison wi for the all you can carry day. they don't ship and you have to pull them yourself.

jim

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help scalemechanic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalemechanic View Post
Zero DgZ i don't know what the 11RC means
That's IIRC - netspeak for "if I recall correctly".

Quote:
off track i'm in the northest, proably a bit to far to travel from madison wi for the all you can carry day. they don't ship and you have to pull them yourself.
Ah, but if he could carry enough out to supply me too.....

So, how do they define "carry"? Can you bring a wheelbarrow? Could two people carry in a huge tote, or a blanket to pile a bunch of stuff on? Is it $50 per time in/out, or can you make several armload trips for the $50? As you can see, I have a devious mind....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
scalemechanic

2000 SL2

madpogue no wheelbarrows, etc. you have to carry the stuff on your body, arms, back, neck etc. two people can carry but then it's 50 dollars per person. i've seen two people carry a small motor and transmission using a pipe and a few straps as a sling. i've also seen one person carry a car hood on his back with assorted parts taped or tied to it. there is also no guarantee that any of the parts will work or fit. no returns.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!