SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Colgate41
Colgate41 is on a distinguished road

Default 93' SL2 Hazard/Blinker Issue...

Hey guys. I have a 1993 SL2. The car has just been sitting around for a bit. Last i drove it i believe the turn signals and flashers worked. Not to sure about the flashers. Anyway, I noticed today that the turn signals and flashers would not work today. I had all other lights, just not the turns or flashers. I was also able to flash my high beams.

I checked the fuses inside and outside the car. The blinker and hazard flasher fuses looked good. They were not blown. So i checked the relay for the flasher inside the car. I did not hear it clicking so i went out to Advance Auto and picked up the exact same one. I forgot the brand name but it was the same. Not sure if it was OEM, probably not.

So i put the new relay in and nothing. So i pulled it out and put the blinker to the "on" or "making a left" position and then i put the relay in. Then i heard clicks and it seemed as though that when i started to slide the relay in and got that clicking then pressed it all the way in i got both blinkers to work. Now when i hit the hazard switch, i got nothing and after i got nothing out of the hazard switch i would then get nothing out of the blinkers unless i did the same things with the relay. That is, pull it out and slide it back in in such a way that i hear ticking then press it into place.

So my question is whats up? I noticed that on the new relay some of the wording was different. It said something like "4 way flasher relay" And the old (not working) relay said "4+2 bulb flasher". Its the same part number but those things were a bit off. Im wondering if the relay is the wrong relay and thats why the hazard lights wont flash.

Any idea? I searched the forum but could not find anything that was similar to my problem. Thanks in advance for any help or tips

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Colgate41's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Colgate41 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Colgate41 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Colgate41

Default Re: 93' SL2 Hazard/Blinker Issue...

bump. Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Colgate41 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
Colgate41

Any ideas guys?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
justinkennedy
justinkennedy is on a distinguished road

2000 SC1
2005 ION-2 Sedan

Its probably the wrong one there is no relay just a flasher. When mine went i went to the wreckers and pulled one out since no stores had any near me. Had the same writing and worked perfect. Just give it a shake and make sure nothing is loose inside before you pay for it. They guy ended up just giving it to me since he didn't feel like charging me like $2 for the stupid thing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to justinkennedy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help justinkennedy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
justinkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote