SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Dustineering
Dustineering is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Part Number Issue

Ok, so I went to Berger Chevrolet earlier to get 4 replacement valve stem caps that match my 18"s. I went in with the part number/name "93184614-GM CAP" that I was given and was told that is incorrect. The guy from Berger told me that the part number/name I need is "1312539-GM Adapter." Neither item is stocked, so there is no way to compare. Being these are ordered, I would have to pay upfront, wait 4-6 business days, and lose out if they are the wrong item. At $4.42 for each GM-CAP ($18.74 total) and $3.15 for each GM Adapter ($13.37 total), I want to make sure I'm getting the right part. Either way, the price seems a little ridiculous.

2008 Arctic White Astra 3-Door XR
-Killed On Impact

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dustineering's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dustineering reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dustineering is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Tom S2
Advanced Member
Tom S2 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Part Number Issue

are you talking about the little silver things? my car came from the dealer with nitrogen so i had green caps. the dealer probably tossed the silver ones.

The gren ones cracked so when i got tires for my wifes car at discount tire i asked for a few caps, and the kid handed me four black ones. I was surprised how nicely the fit. seriously, they work fine and i will live with black instead of silver.

my winter set has TPMS also and three silver caps have one pattern and one has a different pattern. that may be the difference. still not worth more than a quarter each.

Astra XR-3-5 HP - Hamster Powered!
Dealer added options, & Infinity speakers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom S2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom S2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

when i bought my 07 aura and 08 outlook someone stole all 8 silver plactic caps from my driveway. why i dont know. i ordered 8 more from parts and they were a couple bucks a piece. they are a very standard item and i would think a junk yard would have alot of them. ive got about 100 extra myself. they just shouldnt be hard to get almost free.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

found my receipt.. paid 2.61 each. shows part number 15128603 CAP. if you really end up having alot of trouble getting them email me i have 23 extra here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
phatfire6
Advanced Member
phatfire6 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Highlighted in blue are the pieces you need if you were to install tpms onto wheels without the sensors. The part number you gave him was the correct number, if all you wanted was that little silver cap thing. I would call around for these, you can probably get them really cheap. I might even have a spare set laying around, you can just have them. If you got neon green ones, that means the tires were filled with nitrogen.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phatfire6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phatfire6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phatfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Dustineering
Dustineering is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatfire6 View Post
Highlighted in blue are the pieces you need if you were to install tpms onto wheels without the sensors. The part number you gave him was the correct number, if all you wanted was that little silver cap thing. I would call around for these, you can probably get them really cheap. I might even have a spare set laying around, you can just have them. If you got neon green ones, that means the tires were filled with nitrogen.

I brought this to Berger and they said this must be some error of sorts. They looked up my VIN and said this [93184614] has nothing to do with my car. Looks like I am definitely looking elsewhere. Though, I should know better than to go there; they have given me nothing but issues since I bought the car from there.

2008 Arctic White Astra 3-Door XR
-Killed On Impact

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dustineering's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dustineering reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dustineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
phatfire6
Advanced Member
phatfire6 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

As a matter of fact, the 15128603 part that onefunkar quoted will work on your system. Basically any TPMS cap will work, this particular example is from a caddilac part bin. I went with a metal cap that has a inner gasket. If you wanted to go that route, you'll need to add some anti-seize to the threads, but at least you would have endless options.

Quick ebay search:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-x-gray-n2...item3a707db318

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TPMS-Standar...item19bdb0b212

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phatfire6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phatfire6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phatfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote