SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Toolman11k
Toolman11k is on a distinguished road

Arrow - 2002 Saturn SL2 - Security Light & Wrench Light on

2002 Saturn SL2 - Automatic, RKE

I have read countless postings similar to this, but no one has a good solution. Interested in knowledgeable feedback.

I had a ignition cylinder that was bad (key pulled out any position) and the housing was loose on the column. I got an entire column from the junk yard, not 100% sure if it was a 2001 or 2002 column. I only used the Ignition cylinder housing, the switch and the Ignition Key / Core.

Here lies the issue:

Just like everyone else, I had a no start after replacing the housing. I plugged the old housing back in and use the new switch and the car started fine. I plugged in the new switch and it also now works fine. The only issue is the security light is on, and the wrench light is on.

I tried the manual reset procedure (with a trickle charger hooked up) and still the same issue. Car runs fine, starts fine, still has a light on. (10min - 3X)

I have about 3 different scan tools here, and none of them have the ability to read any codes or clear any codes related to this. I have a Launch Diagun, OTC Genysis, OTC Pegysis. The diagun can get into the BCM (according to it's menus), but there are no codes.

Do I need a Tech 2 to reset this, is it possible? Can any GM dealer do this now that Saturn is no longer.

Any thoughts or ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Toolman11k's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Toolman11k reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Toolman11k is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: - 2002 Saturn SL2 - Security Light & Wrench Light on

Performed the 30-minute relearn procedure?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
Toolman11k
Toolman11k is on a distinguished road

Default Re: - 2002 Saturn SL2 - Security Light & Wrench Light on

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Performed the 30-minute relearn procedure?
Yes i did. I ended up switching back the original housing and all is fixed now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Toolman11k's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Toolman11k reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Toolman11k is offline   Reply With Quote