SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
aztimm
aztimm is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
2002 VUE 3.0L
Default Parking Brake Issues

I've had an issue with my parking brake surface recently. I went to the dealer last week to have the oil changed, they looked at it, and of course it didn't do it for them.

Anyway, on 2 separate occasions, the parking brake light and chime came on for no reason. I rarely (if ever) use the parking brake, so it shouldn't be engaged, even partially.

Once I had just started the vehicle, began to drive in a residential neighborhood, and this happened. I pulled over, put the brake on, put it off, and that seemed to fix it.

The other time was about 5 minutes after I left home. I was on a freeway going 65mph+, and suddenly the parking brake light came on and the chime did too. I slowed down a little, moved to the right lane, tried to ignore it for a minute, and it stopped.

The guy at the shop said this could happen if the brake fluid is low, but it wasn't.

This only happened these 2 times, and neither time had the brake been on recently. Anyone have a similiar situation, or ideas for what was happening?

Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aztimm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aztimm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aztimm is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links