SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
Scott Peterson
Scott Peterson is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
Default Follow up thread to the ignition key cyl thread

So i watched rich pins vid on how to remove the center counsel and i got it off and since i found out the BTSI was the reason my key wasant coming out, so i figured i would oil the linkage and all of the moving parts under the counsel ! so i did that and i did some adjusting and it worked better but still not to the point were anyone can just jump in the car and expect it to work.soooo for the 3rd time i took off the steering colum trim and found that the BTSI cable hooks to the bottom of the key cyl ! and was held on by 3 tabs ! and soooo easy to just take it off !so i did and my problem is solved ! i honestly dont see any problem with what i did , and dont think it will cause any issue's but some input would be be nice ! But wow it works soooo much better.Here are a few links and here is a pic of my nice HVAC lights that i RE did ! it sure looks nice

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/z...202010/009.jpg

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/z...2010/007-1.jpg

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/z...2010/011-1.jpg

1997 sl2, auto

I love the greaters too...you can't even tell who the *** he is greating. Both of his eyes are looking different directions. You only go to walmart for comic relief.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Scott Peterson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Scott Peterson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Scott Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Follow up thread to the ignition key cyl thread

Oil eventually causes trouble by collecting dirt and then it gums up the cable. Usually flushing with a solvent like the CRC electrical Connection cleaner and then dusting with powdered mica lasts much longer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Scott Peterson
Scott Peterson is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
Oil eventually causes trouble by collecting dirt and then it gums up the cable. Usually flushing with a solvent like the CRC electrical Connection cleaner and then dusting with powdered mica lasts much longer.
what is powdered mica ? i would assume thats graphite in a tube ? also is their anything wrong with me disconnecting the BTSI ? i mean i think its only their for safety so some one doesnt roll the car back, but in order to do that you would have to squeeze the button still so their is no way it can roll back by accident.

also i am thinking about removeing the whole cable including the electrical silinoid that is plugged in.will that set a wrench light ?

1997 sl2, auto

I love the greaters too...you can't even tell who the *** he is greating. Both of his eyes are looking different directions. You only go to walmart for comic relief.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Scott Peterson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Scott Peterson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Scott Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

It may set a code, don't know for sure. Removing the installed idiot proofing is fine as long as the driver is smarter than the car.

Powdered mica is just that mica that has been ground to a very fine powder. Mica is a rock. You can get a lifetime supply at most good gun shops. You do not need much. Graphite will clump into lumps over time and gum up the works.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote