SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 09:59 AM   #21
oxyhydro
oxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: want a nice deep exhaust!

Lol i thought k&n filters were good an one of the best on the market for pretty much everything. Always used them for my offroad stuff an seemed pretty good an lasted pretty long/many years

Recordman, what the #s for the exhaust you have, just wana try to compair ones i know will work an sound nice so it can help me make a better pick

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oxyhydro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oxyhydro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2015, 11:34 AM   #22
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member
Samtherecordman is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyhydro View Post
Lol i thought k&n filters were good an one of the best on the market for pretty much everything. Always used them for my offroad stuff an seemed pretty good an lasted pretty long/many years

Recordman, what the #s for the exhaust you have, just wana try to compair ones i know will work an sound nice so it can help me make a better pick
Mine is from the street series not from the race series but is exactly as this one.

https://www.magnaflow.com/02product/...=main&id=10597

Saturn Ion 3 Quad Coupe 3 with Sports Appearance package with Aura Pro Bass Shakers under the front seats, Kenwood Excelon Mono Amplifier and Infinity Kappa Perfect and I'm In Heaven!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Samtherecordman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Samtherecordman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #23
oxyhydro
oxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

That actually looks pretty good, i mite get something similar an i have a idea for a resonator or maybe try resonator delete... mite just get a muffler an see how it sounds without the resonator an if i dont like that then get the one of the ones i like.

Isnt that muffler 3"?

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help oxyhydro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #24
kevin.st56
kevin.st56 has a spectacular aura aboutkevin.st56 has a spectacular aura about

2003 ION-2 Sedan

doing the resonator del shouldn't do any damage to anything.
when I had a cherrybomb in place of the resonator, and went straight with no muffler, didn't have any problems driving with it.
the cherrybomb setup wasn't exactly intensional (was in middle of removing it and the catback to fit a new catback on).

this is the magnaflow I had. tis a street series too (still have laying around too).
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=14829

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp
94 Honda civic automatic "VTEC yo"
05 Santa Fe 2.7L (Fefe) {Wrecked}

"A problem clearly stated, is a problem half solved."

♕KCCO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kevin.st56's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kevin.st56 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #25
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.st56 View Post
doing the resonator del shouldn't do any damage to anything.
when I had a cherrybomb in place of the resonator, and went straight with no muffler, didn't have any problems driving with it.
the cherrybomb setup wasn't exactly intensional (was in middle of removing it and the catback to fit a new catback on).

this is the magnaflow I had. tis a street series too (still have laying around too).
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=14829
Lol thats the one i was looking at an maybe get, was also looking at 2 others that are similar, so how'd you like that one, was it pretty deep ect...

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #26
mitche
mitche is a jewel in the roughmitche is a jewel in the roughmitche is a jewel in the rough

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Can't post links yet, cut and paste.
nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

I don't speed much anymore but I don't slow down for turns much either to keep the fun factor.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mitche's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mitche reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #27
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitche View Post
Can't post links yet, cut and paste.
nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html
The author of this article is unknown (or they did not want to sign off there name...LoL) for one and the test where done on Diesel engines not Gasoline engines.

How many miles you have on your car my friend?

Take the total amount of miles divide it by recommended interval 12,000 miles multiply it by the cost of epic Fram Paper Air Filter CA9875 @ $15 and see how much money you will have spent.

Driving on dirty overdue air filter will ride on fuel economy en on your engine efficiency down the road....

FYI they do sell DryCharger that you can put on top of your K&N that will repel humidity and bigger part of dirt, that paper filter don't have the option or can do.

Saturn Ion 3 Quad Coupe 3 with Sports Appearance package with Aura Pro Bass Shakers under the front seats, Kenwood Excelon Mono Amplifier and Infinity Kappa Perfect and I'm In Heaven!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Samtherecordman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #28
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtherecordman View Post
The author of this article is unknown (or they did not want to sign off there name...LoL) for one and the test where done on Diesel engines not Gasoline engines.

How many miles you have on your car my friend?

Take the total amount of miles divide it by recommended interval 12,000 miles multiply it by the cost of epic Fram Paper Air Filter CA9875 @ $15 and see how much money you will have spent.

Driving on dirty overdue air filter will ride on fuel economy en on your engine efficiency down the road....

FYI they do sell DryCharger that you can put on top of your K&N that will repel humidity and bigger part of dirt, that paper filter don't have the option or can do.
I got around 210k

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #29
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
I got around 210k
$262....in paper air filters .... bang! LoL

We are not talking about nice deep exhaust, lets keep on the main subject!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-03-2015, 10:54 PM   #30
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtherecordman View Post
$262....in paper air filters .... bang! LoL

We are not talking about nice deep exhaust, lets keep on the main subject!
Now im confused lol , i under stand what your saying about the filters but what do you been about the second part lol

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-03-2015, 10:58 PM   #31
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Now im confused lol , i under stand what your saying about the filters but what do you been about the second part lol
In general we try to keep on the topic of the Tittle of the Tread if that makes any sence...... we where talking about nice muffler and exhaust sound and out of the blue somebody start to talk about paper air intakes...... LMAO!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-03-2015, 11:07 PM   #32
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I want it to sound like my exhaust smoked some crack an inhaled alot of sulfur hexafluoride, that has smoked a million cigs, an has exhaust cancer when exhaling! ; )

But foreal im kinda looking for like a deep sounding muscle car type of sound an kinda like the lol pops/crackling when you let off the gas

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-03-2015, 11:26 PM   #33
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Lol i thought k&n filters were good an one of the best on the market for pretty much everything.
9600 baud phone modems, punch tape , and steam engines work too, but there's much better technology.

" Dry filter nano "is a good search string.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2015, 11:27 PM   #34
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
I have a 05 ion 2.2 coupe, i want a exhaust that it pretty deep sounding( not the higher pitched ones or fart cans) an not super loud but loud enough, what should i do thats not real pricey? I was reading that inorder to do a cat-back i would have to get a stock redline manifold an down pipe an why is that?
I don't think what you want can be had w/o swapping in a big block V-8

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2015, 11:38 PM   #35
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
I want it to sound like my exhaust smoked some crack an inhaled alot of sulfur hexafluoride, that has smoked a million cigs, an has exhaust cancer when exhaling! ; )

But foreal im kinda looking for like a deep sounding muscle car type of sound an kinda like the lol pops/crackling when you let off the gas
Smoked Rotten Eggs I know the smell....... its cause they just unvirgin there Exhaust System and are fresh out of the Dealership Yesturday..... LMFAO! ........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-06-2015, 11:44 AM   #36
kevin.st56

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:

the popping when letting off the gas you can get with a resonator del and a small muffler at the end.

youll get a deep, somewhat gargly tone as long as you del the resonator.
don't get a can muffler that youll find on civic, or youll have gargly farts.

I miss my magnaflow setup.
I wanna try a muffler del ony my current setup since I have a bolt on catback. I can remove the axleback section, and just put a straight pipe, having only the aftermarket resonator.
I might do a video to show how it would sound before and after.

it prolly would sound even better if I can replace my manifold and DP. I have the replacement mani, but the mounting bolts are frozen solid with rust.
thatll be something to do this weekend after changing my trans oil.

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp

♕KCCO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help kevin.st56 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #37
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.st56 View Post
the popping when letting off the gas you can get with a resonator del and a small muffler at the end.

youll get a deep, somewhat gargly tone as long as you del the resonator.
don't get a can muffler that youll find on civic, or youll have gargly farts.

I miss my magnaflow setup.
I wanna try a muffler del ony my current setup since I have a bolt on catback. I can remove the axleback section, and just put a straight pipe, having only the aftermarket resonator.
I might do a video to show how it would sound before and after.

it prolly would sound even better if I can replace my manifold and DP. I have the replacement mani, but the mounting bolts are frozen solid with rust.
thatll be something to do this weekend after changing my trans oil.
Do you think it will mess with anything doing the res delete an probably a magnaflow muf like in the long run?

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #38
kevin.st56

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Do you think it will mess with anything doing the res delete an probably a magnaflow muf like in the long run?
I ran with it for I think a year with no issues.
not having, or having low back pressure may not affect the ions that much.
all the resonator does is neutralize the sound waves in the exhaust, making it leave the pipe as more of a soft, ear friendly tone. it creates very little back pressure.
having a muffler does the same by neutralizing the sound waves, but it provides more of the back pressure in the exhaust.
also, the closer to the end of the exhaust the muffler, the more it neutralizes the sound

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp

♕KCCO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #39
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
3 Years going strong, you do need to polish it once in a while. No Rust.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #40
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Ok, i should try that soon, once i do the plugs( probably getting them tomorrow) an maybe that day clean the TB but i mite wana wait a couple days cuz if a problem comes up it will be easier to figure out instead of doing them both together an not be sure witch is causing the problem, then after that im doing that design i made for the taillights an then plasti the panels behind the rear windows an the roof ( not the rail things) an rims, then ill do the exhaust cuz that one will cost the most, the others wont cost me much cuz i already have half of the supplies! Then maybe after thst probly get a body kit/air dam kit i like but that mite cost to much cuz ill have to get it painted my self

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread