SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
oxyhydro
oxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default tail light?

I have a question about 05 saturn ion coupe aftermarket tail lights, i see most are for the sedan an the ones that dont say witch still kinda looks like there for the sedan but i have interest in the depo black ones but there for the sedan an although the only thing i can tell from pics of the coupe/sedan tail lights is that the outer bottom corners, the sedan looks like it has two outer bottom corners while the coupe just curves up, now my question is is that the only difference an if so can i just shave the corners down to make them like the couple in order to fit or will that not work?...

Also, other ideas/ nice looking lights for the coupe are welcomed!

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oxyhydro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oxyhydro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oxyhydro is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2015, 03:10 PM   #2
oxyhydro
oxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: tail light?

Ment to say outer bottom/top edge

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help oxyhydro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #3
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Idk if this pic will show but i mite do sumthing like this but it will look alot better then this cuz i pretty much used photoshop on my phone but its an idea of how i would smoke them, so what do you all thing?

Also does anyone know if i could cut/shave the corners of the sedan taillights to make them fit the coupe? It wouldnt be all that hard if its just those two outer corners thats the only defference!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-06-01 17.45.26.jpg (172.7 KB, 12 views)

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
Afrckenway
Afrckenway is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Check on andy's auto sports.
They have a decent selection and they're made for the coupe/sedan independently.

I wouldn't trust shaving it down, too many things to go wrong because there's a decent space between fitment.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Afrckenway's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Afrckenway reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Afrckenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:49 PM   #5
kevin.st56
kevin.st56 has a spectacular aura aboutkevin.st56 has a spectacular aura about

2003 ION-2 Sedan

I wanna say they both have diffent shapes to them.
im comparing them on ebay right now to see lol

EDIT: they are in fact different shapes.

Coupe (redline, but still same):
http://images.gtcarlot.com/gtgallery...hp?id=14128050

Sedan:
http://www.kielsandandgravel.com/ima...r%20109172.jpg

The top of the sedan kind of bends towards the rear at the top of the assembly, and the coupe's don't.
Also, the bottom where the reverse light is at is pointier on the sedans.

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp
94 Honda civic automatic "VTEC yo"
05 Santa Fe 2.7L (Fefe) {Wrecked}

"A problem clearly stated, is a problem half solved."

♕KCCO

Last edited by kevin.st56; 06-05-2015 at 04:57 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kevin.st56's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kevin.st56 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kevin.st56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #6
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrckenway View Post
Check on andy's auto sports.
They have a decent selection and they're made for the coupe/sedan independently.

I wouldn't trust shaving it down, too many things to go wrong because there's a decent space between fitment.
Thanks for the reply...
Lol yea thats the first site i goto when looking for aftermarket parts for my cars just cuz normally they have all thats available for all cars but the coupe selection isnt big to began with ( idk why they would make a more/better selection for the sedan) theres only one black tail light for the coupe an thats those weird ones that no one really likes...

How do you like my photoshoped smoked ones ( although it would look alot better then that an mite do alil bit more than that one line, the red im probly going to do just one layer but the rest would probly be completely blacked (5+ layers)).

Just trying to get some suggestions an input on my photo.

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #7
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.st56 View Post
I wanna say they both have diffent shapes to them.
im comparing them on ebay right now to see lol
Yea i cant really compair the overall size but the only thing i could really tell by pics is just those two outer edges, would be cool if it worked than also ppl in the future could do this if they ever wanted to do the sedan lights on coupes!

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #8
kevin.st56

2003 ION-2 Sedan

the design is pretty cool.
don't go with lens paint tho, bec I find it very easy to spray it too dark, and make the lights not noticeable during the day, but being youll be stenciling out a part of it, it may not be bad.
there is a way of using window tint to darken too, either with elastic, or a heatgun with low heat.

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp

♕KCCO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help kevin.st56 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #9
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
the design is pretty cool.
don't go with lens paint tho, bec I find it very easy to spray it too dark, and make the lights not noticeable during the day, but being youll be stenciling out a part of it, it may not be bad.
there is a way of using window tint to darken too, either with elastic, or a heatgun with low heat.
Yea i dont really like the idea of completely doing the tails just cuz of the amount of light that goes throught, an never really had any exprience with actual tint film...

But the design i made the teo bulbs in the light actually are right behind the unpainted parts ( top an the circle part) an the reflecors going down the light seem like they would be bright there, i tried to work the sharp of the truck going in there while keeping the parts where the bulbs are unpainted so i think it should work fine, like i sed its just like a ruff draft an thinking of adding alil more detail to it but the line in the pic is most likely gona stay there just maybe things added around it but still workin it out on paper!

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-11-2015, 12:40 PM   #10
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Does anyone know about that carbon fiber film? Like i think you maily see ppl putting it on there trucks or parts/whole hood ect...
Like is there anything to look out for with this or anything like that, heres a link to give you a idea of wat it is if you dont know or think im talking about something else...

http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/sho...n_jtt_redirect

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-11-2015, 02:22 PM   #11
kevin.st56

2003 ION-2 Sedan

not too familiar with the wraps.
there has been a couple of threads in the past regarding wraps.
with is always the option of plasti-dip spray if your feeling cheap and simple

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp

♕KCCO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #12
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
not too familiar with the wraps.
there has been a couple of threads in the past regarding wraps.
with is always the option of plasti-dip spray if your feeling cheap and simple
Lol i just spent the last 2hrs lookin at dipyourcar.com, lookin at all the differnt colors an stuff like pearl stuff an the color shifting ones, look pretty tight but would be worried about how long it last since plasti dip is removable, was think about doing black an red plastidip on my stock 16" rims

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #13
kevin.st56

2003 ION-2 Sedan

if done right, plasti-dip can last a long time.
sometimes it takes many coats on a really clean surface to it to stick good

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp

♕KCCO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #14
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
if done right, plasti-dip can last a long time.
sometimes it takes many coats on a really clean surface to it to stick good
Yea they got dome crazy looking plastidip!!! Just never just in or know anyone that has a n never even heard about it till a few days ago lol...

I found a pic of someone that used one of there charmeon (however you spell it (color changing paint)) on a 05 ion, an they have so many different types of colors an ways to do it an cobinations it crazy, an it you ever mess up or dont like it you can just peel it off an start again!

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-13-2015, 08:30 AM   #15
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I wounder if you could plasti dip your car an then get actual clear coat an do a few layers of that on it if it would last alot longer ( seems like it would work but just be alil harder to get off but probly is alot cheaper then get you car actually painted an get some crazy ass paint!)

Also i thinking about getting a body kit an if i do that then i would probly plasti dip the whole car or get the bumber matched but i have a question about the aftermarket bumbers, most of them (at least the ones i like on www.andysautosport.com ) look like they fit over your stock bumper, does anyone know if they do or not?

Heres the link to one of the kits...
http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...s__110978.html

support your local 81!

Last edited by oxyhydro; 06-13-2015 at 08:35 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #16
kevin.st56

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyhydro View Post
I wounder if you could plasti dip your car an then get actual clear coat an do a few layers of that on it if it would last alot longer ( seems like it would work but just be alil harder to get off but probly is alot cheaper then get you car actually painted an get some crazy ass paint!)

Also i thinking about getting a body kit an if i do that then i would probly plasti dip the whole car or get the bumber matched but i have a question about the aftermarket bumbers, most of them (at least the ones i like on www.andysautosport.com ) look like they fit over your stock bumper, does anyone know if they do or not?

Heres the link to one of the kits...
http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...s__110978.html
Its really hard to say without contacting the sellers.
most, i think, are replacements, and the side skirts just add on to the sides.

03 ion-2 Sedan 5sp

♕KCCO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #17
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Its really hard to say without contacting the sellers.
most, i think, are replacements, and the side skirts just add on to the sides.
Yea i know the skirts just add on cuz i dont think none the ions have them unless it was added after buying. I probly wont end up doing it but i do like it, a cheap way to do it is get a kit an plasti dip your car.

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #18
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I wish they had that chrome/mirror ( the paint you see on cars that look like chrome an it reflects just like a mirror!) Plasti dip, for some reason i always been real into it alot, the actual paint job actually is one of the most expensive paint jobs you can get on a car

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-15-2015, 09:24 PM   #19
oxyhydro

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Probly all im gona do to my car anytime soon would be the taillights ( might carry the design out onto the back of the trunk) paint the roof black an the back side triangle panels, saturn on bumper, emblems (not the red parts) all black, gona get some red an black pin strips down the sides, mite do something on the hood but havent came up with anything yet ( i like to come up with my own stuff an if its simular i try to make it unique!), do some stuff inside red with alil black, do something with the rims, probly get the redline spoiler an front bumper maybe, an a nice 2din headunit. An thats just the visual mods, im probly going to end up doing some stuff to help the car out/buff it up alil also

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!