SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #41
chilipepper1327
chilipepper1327 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Engine power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtherecordman View Post
That Is So True... in deed most "Import" need to rev like crazy and don't have that low end torque like Ecotecs... LMAO!!
This has to be one of the best engines that GM has produced and maybe even the best for versitility. Of course there are those that will laugh at this, but for what it is..... I love to wind this engine out once in a while. Gotta get me a good after market exhaust system though.

Audi has a 2.4 naturally asperated at about 280 hp. So the potential for our 2.4's should be awesome. I know there are staged heads available, so I am going to look into those to. 250 naturally aspirated hp is my goal. Should be attainable with what's out there for these engines. And the Ion Quad being a heavy car, should be nice to have a few more ponies.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chilipepper1327's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chilipepper1327 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chilipepper1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #42
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan

audi's 2.0T was 200HP last I looked, so not sure where you are finding they use a 2.4. part of our problem is american emissions standards, this is where choosing the right parts and a tune come in. ricers choose the biggest exhaust they can fit under their civics, this actually kills power. also, our cars are not heavy, they are light. if you want heavy, look at an A4 or golf's curb weight once.

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #43
chilipepper1327
chilipepper1327 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 ion2 View Post
audi's 2.0T was 200HP last I looked, so not sure where you are finding they use a 2.4. part of our problem is american emissions standards, this is where choosing the right parts and a tune come in. ricers choose the biggest exhaust they can fit under their civics, this actually kills power. also, our cars are not heavy, they are light. if you want heavy, look at an A4 or golf's curb weight once.
It may not have been Audi, but was one of the big german cars. It was a 2.4 at more than 280hp. You can look it up. Should be no problem with emmissions here though. Are cars ARE heavy for a compact. The heaviest of the most popular at 2800lbs curb weight. That is heavy. Wit me in it that puts it over 3000lbs. Sheesh a Corvette weighs around 3400lbs. I have some ideas to put my car on a diet, and you mentioned that in another thread, the CF hood for instance. Lighter wheels and tires etc. Should be able to shave 200 to 300lbs in total, but will not be easy. Recaro seets can take off about 50lbs, so many options out there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chilipepper1327's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chilipepper1327 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chilipepper1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:45 AM   #44
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member
Samtherecordman is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

This Guy Is Haulllllling Ass!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFf0sXirjMY

Saturn Ion 3 Quad Coupe 3 with Sports Appearance package with Aura Pro Bass Shakers under the front seats, Kenwood Excelon Mono Amplifier and Infinity Kappa Perfect and I'm In Heaven!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Samtherecordman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Samtherecordman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Samtherecordman is offline   Reply With Quote