SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2004, 05:22 AM   #1
freakerz
Advanced Member
freakerz is on a distinguished road

Cool Other Saturn forums

I was looking at SaturnSpeed forum.. and others..
Dont you find them ricey? God.. their "performance" section is filled with "I GOT NEW RIMS".. There was 1 guy with turbo setup..

I can't say I am better.. but at least I dont go saying I mod my car with putting rims on it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to freakerz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help freakerz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2004, 05:27 AM   #2
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Out of all the forums that I have visited, and I'm not going to get into putting names out there... I have found that SaturnFans has to be my favourite.

It's got a good collection of people from the "bone stock" to the "tuners" that are full of ideas and help. I think it's got the best tech help as well.

Just my $.02

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2004, 05:30 AM   #3
M.Nguyen
M.Nguyen is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
1993 SL2

Just so you know, anything altering stock performance, or aesthetics IS a modification.

with that said. You can't really say that when you can't even do an oil change w/o starting a thread, can you?

As far as ricey, every board has it's fair shares...that's how people learn...deem it how you may, we're one community, and we're all learning...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to M.Nguyen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help M.Nguyen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2004, 05:36 AM   #4
freakerz
Advanced Member

ahah good one with the oil change

I just meant that this forum is very technical most of the time, rims are mainly posted in the series' forum category I think.

And mags, do they really belong into "Performance" sections

*Edit: even tho I start a thread everytime I do something, half those time the thread brings 20-30 replies, changes subjects 2-3 times.. helps couple other people..*

*Edit2: just realized, I posted into Performance section when this is not performance related.. ironic*

Last edited by freakerz; 06-25-2004 at 05:46 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help freakerz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2004, 05:56 AM   #5
M.Nguyen
M.Nguyen is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
1993 SL2

I'm not gettin' on you, sorry if it seems that way..

but i'm just saying, as with the oil change, it's the simplest thing that people have to learn in order to do something bigger...if you can't tell a glorified resistor from a turbo, you have bigger problems than learning how to change your oil.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to M.Nguyen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help M.Nguyen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-25-2004, 06:39 AM   #6
Bigbadbert
Bigbadbert is on a distinguished road

My two favorites are here and TSN, but this is where I started out. TSN though is more hardcore performance based.

'01 SC2 - sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bigbadbert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bigbadbert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2004, 08:25 AM   #7
project_sl-2
project_sl-2 is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2

TSN >> ALL

Come one man other forums have "I got rims" in the performance section while SF is still on "tinting tail lights" and " 20 Hp for 2 dollars" and my favorite "does this work Found it on ebay"

Give me a break.

Forced induction is about the only way to make power on a Saturn cause all the other crap people bolt on they do not properly tune... Next thing you know you got a kid that has all the N/A stuff you can think of and it's still nuts slow.

And then when they start asking about making good power with a turbo or something like that where do you send them?? www.TurboSaturns.net

Save yourself like 2 year and thousands of dollars in heartache and get the info you really need to know in a str8 up unbiased environment.

And it's not just for turbo apps. either. These guys have the inside route on what works for NOS, S/C, Turbos, N/A standalone engine management, cam specs, and yes even the silly little ebay resistors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to project_sl-2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help project_sl-2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2004, 02:58 PM   #8
Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

Yea, if you're looking to talk performance, go to TSN. If you want to be a ricer, go to Xtreme Saturn or SaturnSpot. And here at SaturnFans, we're known for being well-behaved, except when it comes to debating political issues

'00 SL2m- DD, 186K miles
'05 Honda CR-V- wife's DD and my upright bass hauler
'84 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk- toy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Twin_Cam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Twin_Cam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:16 PM   #9
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Like I said, for me, this site is the best. I'm not interested in seriously modding my car at this point. I'm not interested in "I killed this Honda with my car" stories.

I'm interested in some decent conversation about the cars, some good technical help when needed, and a little off topic debate and rant. SaturnFans provides that all for me.

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:13 PM   #10
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Of all the sites I go to this one is the best moderated and informative and tolerant. Great site. I signed on a year and a half before I bought my Saturn, simply because the whole story of the car and the cars themselves are so interesting. First new American car company in 30-40 years is worth studying even if you don't own one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:39 PM   #11
Red97sc2
Advanced Member
Red97sc2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL2
2005 ION-2 Sedan

I started out looking at XS. I thought to my self "Hey, there ARE ways to make a Saturn go faster". Then I started reading about TSN and thought that NOW I had found the real performance Saturn site. I really have to say that TSN is "the" place for performance. End of story. I've noticed quite a few new comers there and they are very welcome, most of the time
Then after TSN, I found SF. I was in Heaven!! I finally found a place that instead of calling up the dealer and asking questions about this or that I could ask them here, AND have an actual Tech answer them.

For me, SF is great for oil changes, brake jobs, strut replacement, just about anything that someone would go to a dealer to have done you can find here AND save you $$ in the end by doing them yourself by reading the "How To" section. now at TSN, if you want any type of boost, that would be the place to go.

I see both sites as different sides of a coin. The good and the bad They are both number 1 in my bookmarks!

2002 Dodge Grand Caravan.
2001 SL2 - Daughters School Vehicle.
1970 Mercury Cougar: 351C, 4spd. Classic for shows.
2005 Ion Level 2 5m - To work and around town vehicle.
2006 P71 Gold 140k miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Red97sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Red97sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:26 AM   #12
freakerz
Advanced Member

exactly they complete each other beautifully!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!