SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Meet GMbeat.com and Get a Glimpse at What Was Going to be the Future of SaturnFans.co

A new story entry has been added:

Meet GMbeat.com and Get a Glimpse at What Was Going to be the Future of SaturnFans.com

Quote:
It's been more than two years since General Motors announced it was shuttering its "different kind of car" division. At the time, Roger Penske was attempting to purchase the brand and possibly stock it with cars sourced from plants in the US, South Korea, Mexico, or even Europe. Ultimately Mr. Penske couldn't get a deal done within GM's tight timeframes and Saturn was closed.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Meet GMbeat.com and Get a Glimpse at What Was Going to be the Future of SaturnFan

Incredible news. I will go where you go as this site has been one of the best managed, most informative and useful out there. Your writing has been missed as well.

It would have been such a waste for you to have ended your journalistic efforts and best wishes for your new site and the revamped Saturn Fans !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
CrunkedRL
CrunkedRL is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Meet GMbeat.com and Get a Glimpse at What Was Going to be the Future of SaturnFan

Hi Charlie-

I'm glad to see you're still on your game. I too love the Saturnfans.com website for it's wealth information, knowledgeable members, and all around laid back environment. I'm looking forward to seeing both the GMbeat and Saturnfans websites continue to evolve. Accross town I'm a member of GMInsidenews and I have posted and published several articles for the site since I joined. But I'm always searching for other sites that can further cater to the car enthusiast in me.

~Cheers~

Current Rides

98' Saturn SL2
04' Saturn Vue RL

Last edited by CrunkedRL; 11-15-2011 at 12:58 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CrunkedRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CrunkedRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CrunkedRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

Great news! Charlie is not dead, nor doth he sleep...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

What I want to know is:
How do you find the time to run this new site, SF, & raise two kids?

(30 hour days?)

Keep up the good work. The new site looks to be informative.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

I think the new site looks good. Looks like it is an automatic GM news aggregater. Competition for gminsidenews.com?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Thumbs Up Re: Meet GMbeat.com and Get a Glimpse at What Was Going to be the Future of SaturnFan

Thanks, everyone!

I'm excited for what I've got planned for both GMbeat.com and SaturnFans.com. I hope you will like it too. Thanks again for your support!!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #8
sideup66
sideup66 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Does that mean Saturnfans is getting an overhaul soon as well? . Itll be nice to see the place updated, moreso the albums fixed so us now second-hand "new to us" Saturn owners can post pics

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sideup66's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sideup66 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sideup66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

I finally made time to check out your latest website, Charlie. Good job!

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
Werks11
Werks11 is on a distinguished road

Stopped in on the page. Lower right it said user log-in, can't log in, and don't see a place to register.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Werks11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Werks11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Werks11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #11
tekwyzrd
tekwyzrd is on a distinguished road

I suspect the end of Saturn was intentional on the part of GM. As was the case with SAAB and Hummer they made demands that could not be met to insure the death of the companies and elimination of potential competition. While it is true SAAB was sold, they are now also going under. Remember, while GM was crying broke here in the U.S. they were spending money in China on a new plant.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...-china/399643/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tekwyzrd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tekwyzrd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tekwyzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
Werks11
Werks11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekwyzrd View Post
I suspect the end of Saturn was intentional on the part of GM. As was the case with SAAB and Hummer they made demands that could not be met to insure the death of the companies and elimination of potential competition. While it is true SAAB was sold, they are now also going under. Remember, while GM was crying broke here in the U.S. they were spending money in China on a new plant.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...-china/399643/
They were building a new plant in China, wow that must have been Top Secret. GM had a plan to close SATURN back in 2007 ... tell me it's not so. SAAB going going gone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Werks11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Werks11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Werks11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #13
Ponchoguy
Ponchoguy is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: Meet GMbeat.com and Get a Glimpse at What Was Going to be the Future of SaturnFan

My mother bought a 1993 Saturn SL2 brand new in 1993, which I just sold this week. It was a great car after 18+ years of ownership.

It was replaced with a Chevy Sonic LT, which has some strikingly similar traits to the Saturn in my belief. The salesman at the dealer was even a salesman at the local Saturn retailer/dealer before he went to Chevy (and he only moved because of Saturn's demise).

I'm going to miss that car. The dent resistant panels and the ease of service (for the most part) were definitely great features. The spin on transmission filter to me was a superb idea. Maintenance on that car was pretty much a breeze and parts were very reasonably priced.

I did see however, from my research through the parts books that a lot of parts are going bye-bye (discontinued). For instance, rear brake dust shields and even inside door handles for that SL2 are discontinued according to GM's parts literature.

Things like that make it a challenge (but not impossible) to upkeep a car like that. There are just so many used door handles out there you can buy before the one you get is about the same as the one you're removing .

Of course, the aftermarket has the basics readily available, so for the most part, you'd be OK.

I know about "discontinued' products as I own three Pontiacs and an Oldsmobile in addition to two Chevrolets .

I do agree that this forum is a wealth of information and certainly gave me some good viewpoints over the years with regard to the Saturn. Charlie and everyone here are to be commended on a job well done.

Forums like this keep the "discontinued" product alive and well!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ponchoguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ponchoguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ponchoguy is offline   Reply With Quote