SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
biker42lue
biker42lue is on a distinguished road

Default New to Forums, old to Saturn

Greetings. I'm married with a daughter and another on the way. My main vehicle is my motorcycle, but I still drive my Saturn almost daily.

My wife and I have owned Saturns for over 10 years now. Our first was a 1997 SC1 Auto with sunroof. Had to get rid of that to accommodate the little one. I have owned my 2001 SL1 Manual for about 4-5 years now. I love it. It wasn't easy to find a manual transmission with power windows and locks. I was insistent on the manual transmission for many reasons, paramount of which is it's the best

My car is mostly for rainy days when I can't ride my motorcycle, but my wife travels a lot and she uses it occasionally so as not to put too many miles on the family SUV. I'm proud to say I taught her how to drive a manual in my Saturn. Great car, very comfortable and sad to see the company shut down. But I know we'll continue to see many Saturns on the road for years to come.

My car is still running great and in the future I intend to replace the shifter and get a new paint job (the hood has completely pealed and the rear is starting to also).

Any advise on the shifter replacement would be welcome.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to biker42lue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help biker42lue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
biker42lue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2
Default Re: New to Forums, old to Saturn

Hi... Welcome to Charlie's Forum. Beware of Wallmasters.

also, what do you mean by replace the shifter? what's wrong with it currently?

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
biker42lue
biker42lue is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New to Forums, old to Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
also, what do you mean by replace the shifter? what's wrong with it currently?
Nothing's wrong with the shifter. I just want a new one. Shorter stick with some kind of brushed metal cap. Purely an aesthetic mod. Nothing to do with performance or repair.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to biker42lue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help biker42lue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
biker42lue is offline   Reply With Quote