SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
kenbruce8
kenbruce8 is on a distinguished road

Default Power Windows 95 SL2 - remove door skin?

Hi-thanks for reading this. This is my 2nd 95 (I know, I coulda-woulda-shoulda got something else, but I actually liked the other one!). Seems power windows suck on these. Anyone know how to get the door skin off so I can peek in there to see what the *&**&%% is going on? Naturally, it's the driver's window.....and I smoke! The motors seem ok, but the driver's window just won't go all the way down, then you have to 'pull' it up. Maybe swap motors with a back window? Maybe a track problem, or just loose in the track.

I tried to get in the door of my other 95, but couldn't figure out the 'remove the door skin' thing.

Be careful for what you ask for; you might get it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kenbruce8's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kenbruce8 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kenbruce8 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 03:25 AM   #2
virnin
Advanced Member
virnin is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
1995 SL2
Default Re: Power Windows 95 SL2 - remove door skin?

You have to take off both the inner panel and the outer skin. It could just be off track, or you might have teeth missing on the motor drive gear. Unfortunately, the front and rear doors use different motors with different gears.

To remove the outer skin, first remove the mirror, the pry up on the sealing strip that goes between the panel and the glass, starting at the rear of the door and working forward.

Next, remove the handle. There is a plastic rivet on the front end of the handle. Push out the center of that and remove the rivet. The handle should then slide forward and off. The pivot mechanism stays in place.

Finally, there are a number of Torx screws around the perimeter of the panel. Remove them all. Then, pull out the bottom front, then the bottom rear, then slide the whole panel towards the rear until it is free. Be careful of the lock cylinder, etc.

Last edited by virnin; 01-05-2008 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: typos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to virnin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help virnin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
virnin is offline   Reply With Quote