SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General

Old 09-03-2016, 08:39 PM   #1
xdarkxfirex
xdarkxfirex has a spectacular aura aboutxdarkxfirex has a spectacular aura aboutxdarkxfirex has a spectacular aura about

Default Alignment Problems. Need help in the right direction

When I bought the car cheap, it first I didnt notice the camber was off. It looked like the previous owner hit a pothole deep enough to hit the top of the fender. Have tried alignment but the shop I went to didnt know, or care why it was off. The camber was -2.4 on one end, and -0.4 on the other.

The caster was off on both wheel. What do you think is the best way to fit it?
xdarkxfirex is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2016, 10:18 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Alignment Problems. Need help in the right direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkxfirex View Post
What do you think is the best way to fit it?
FInd an alignment shop that can check the 4W alignment, has been in business for a long time and has good reviews.
They ought to be able to diagnose it better than the last shop.

WHere R U?
'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:43 AM   #3
Saturn4Ever
Saturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the rough

2009 Astra XR

After I replaced the shocks and struts on my other car, I just took it to my local GM dealer for a computerized alignment so it is aligned to spec...didn't take long and was about $100. You'll get a printout showing the before and after adjustment readings for camber etc.
2009 Saturn Astra XR, 140,000 km
2018 Chevy Traverse Redline 52,000 km

Past vehicles:

2000 Oldsmobile Alero, 220,000km - Sold
2008 Saturn Outlook XR 280,000 km - Sold
Saturn4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:11 PM   #4
xdarkxfirex
xdarkxfirex has a spectacular aura aboutxdarkxfirex has a spectacular aura aboutxdarkxfirex has a spectacular aura about

I'm located in hamilton ontario. I originally took my car to canadian tire, and when I got the safety done at a cheaper shop, the mechanic said canadian tire didnt do it right, because the steering rack was loose. When I just had the car, the toe was off and traction keep kicking on when I tried to adjust it at home without measuring it(Stupid me).

I did the same yesterday after using another camber kit I bought, now the traction light stay lit when the alignment is off, because it never kicks in. I've seen people do alignment as cheap as $40. Canadian tire charged me $100, and I went back to have them redo it for free 2 months ago. I tried today before the labour day weekend and they were totally booked. They couldnt even find out why it was bad. They wanted extra to install the bolts and extra to even look at why its off. I dont even trust brand name alignment bolts. I bought moog bolts with plastic inserts off amazon, and it said to torque to 100ft/lbs and snapped at about 70-80. I bought a generic brand 12mm bolt kit with 4 for about $17 off aliexpress with shipping. They are the same bolts ez cam uses.

For your alignment was the front caster off from the factory? Both of mines are off by 2-3degrees
Old 09-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #5
xdarkxfirex

After adjusting the toe at home by feel and measuring, I got it really close to where it was, and reset the traction control light. It needed three full turns on the left side to get it fairly close. Much better, but I still need a shop to adjust it more

Tags
alignment, camber, problem