SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
budlight78420
budlight78420 is on a distinguished road

Default Wanting to know what to do...

Last week, after many an argument about warranty my mom drove her Vue an hour and a half away to a Saturn dealer. The car was not shifting right. They ended up replacing the whole transmission. She got the car back and the next day she heard a knocking sound whenver she went around a turn, stopped and even at higher speeds (60mph) i believe. Well she didnt want to drive all the way back to the dealer so she brought it in to a trusted mechanic here in town. He checked it out and found out that the drive shaft did not even have the bearing installed.(not sure which one as i am not a car buff). Question is what should we do? Could this mistake have caused a fatal accident? Should we think about filing a lawsuit? or just let it go as a mistake?
budlight78420 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
VTchemist
VTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L
Information Re: Wanting to know what to do...

You didn't mention what type of VUE (engine and tranny). Hope it's not the VTI.

I would suggest you call the dealership. Let them know what your local mechanic found. Have them send someone to inspect it. If the bearings are missing, have them flatbed the VUE back to the dealership for proper repair.
VTchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Wanting to know what to do...

Welcome to the Board.

I suspect that you are talking about the drive shaft steady bearing (all wheel drive only).

I doubt very much that the bearing is missing as in in not even there. The noise would have been heard when the car was new. Also the bearing is actually pressed onto the drive shaft. It is a bit of work to replace. The rubber bushing for the bearing has likely separated from the hanger bracket. This is something that while not real common does happen to these cars. If the car is still under warranty then it will be covered, at Saturn of course.

If this was something done at Saturn then your mother would have heard the noise when she drive it back from there.

Put the lawyer away.
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
budlight78420
budlight78420 is on a distinguished road

understood, but what i am saying is that the problem was never there, she's had it for like 4 years. it started immediately after she got the car back from the saturn dealer after they replaced the transmission.. the thing is they didn't want to even fix for her under warranty without some arguing back and forth, and i'm wonderin if they purposely did something hopin she would come back to them to fix...

I asked my ma, she thinks they said it was the support bearing for the drive shaft..

Last edited by budlight78420; 07-17-2008 at 09:26 PM.
budlight78420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Have it towed back to the dealership. Use the GM roadside assistance (1-800-553-6000) if you're under warranty and they will cover the tow. Then tell them to fix it. If you're under warranty, they get to fix it. Period. Don't let them push you around, don't let them push her around, and don't let them try and scrape their way out of it. In other words, don't take no for an answer.
13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote