SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
kre8ive_kustomz
kre8ive_kustomz is on a distinguished road

Default sc2 alarm went off last night now remote wont work & car wont start

last night the alarm on my sc2 went off while i was sleeping, i didnt get downstairs to disarm it before it stopped. a neightbor told me today it went off twice last night. anyway, i tried to unlock and relock the car last night and again before i left for work this morning(different car) and it did nothing. i unlocked the car with the key just now because the remote did nothing, the alarm didnt sound. put the key in the ignition and tried to start, car would do nothing, radio and everything else is fine, battery is fully charged. the remote died once before (6 months ago)and i pressed both lock and unlock together to reset it, this time it does nothing. it seems like the starter is disabled. i checked all fuses and relays, they all look good. if anyone has any insight i would apreciate a hand. thanks, J

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kre8ive_kustomz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kre8ive_kustomz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kre8ive_kustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: sc2 alarm went off last night now remote wont work & car wont start

Quote:
Originally Posted by kre8ive_kustomz View Post
last night the alarm on my sc2 went off while i was sleeping, i didnt get downstairs to disarm it before it stopped. a neightbor told me today it went off twice last night. anyway, i tried to unlock and relock the car last night and again before i left for work this morning(different car) and it did nothing. i unlocked the car with the key just now because the remote did nothing, the alarm didnt sound. put the key in the ignition and tried to start, car would do nothing, radio and everything else is fine, battery is fully charged. the remote died once before (6 months ago)and i pressed both lock and unlock together to reset it, this time it does nothing. it seems like the starter is disabled. i checked all fuses and relays, they all look good. if anyone has any insight i would apreciate a hand. thanks, J

Assuming this is the FACTORY ALARM...

Turn the key to RUN but DO NOT TRY TO START THE CAR.

Leave it there in RUN for 1/2 hour. USE A WATCH, DO NOT GUESS.

After 1/2 an hour or more (with the key left in the RUN position) the car should start right up.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote