SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech

Old 06-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #1
Rj 2000 LS2
Rj 2000 LS2 is a jewel in the roughRj 2000 LS2 is a jewel in the roughRj 2000 LS2 is a jewel in the roughRj 2000 LS2 is a jewel in the rough

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Buyer Beware

The ODBII reader I purchased some time ago was very useful, but it did not do everything I thought it was advertised to do. The search engine reads like this, "ANCEL AD410 Enhanced OBD II Vehicle Code ... - Amazon.com
Anonymous View
Quickly and accurately determine whether the battery is good or bad. Read and Clear ABS and SAS Error Codes, Read and clear Engine/ABS/Transmission error ..."

The Amazon sales page never says it does ABS, but I didn't read every line and thought I was buying a reader that could do ABS and it does not! It's a bait n switch by Amazon for they wrote the search engine text which is clearly a lie and they got me!

The Internet used to be such a great source for everything. However, the search engines are easily packed full of misleading information to score hits and sell products. False advertising used to be illegal... not any more. Too bad the Internet doesn't have a flush feature to prevent misleading advertisements!
Rj 2000 LS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #2
BrandonKastning
Advanced Member
BrandonKastning will become famous soon enough

2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Buyer Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj 2000 LS2 View Post
The ODBII reader I purchased some time ago was very useful, but it did not do everything I thought it was advertised to do. The search engine reads like this, "ANCEL AD410 Enhanced OBD II Vehicle Code ... - Amazon.com
Anonymous View
Quickly and accurately determine whether the battery is good or bad. Read and Clear ABS and SAS Error Codes, Read and clear Engine/ABS/Transmission error ..."

The Amazon sales page never says it does ABS, but I didn't read every line and thought I was buying a reader that could do ABS and it does not! It's a bait n switch by Amazon for they wrote the search engine text which is clearly a lie and they got me!

The Internet used to be such a great source for everything. However, the search engines are easily packed full of misleading information to score hits and sell products. False advertising used to be illegal... not any more. Too bad the Internet doesn't have a flush feature to prevent misleading advertisements!

I didn't read this; however since we're both lifers here on SaturnFans.com with our 3.0L V6's ...

Just cave like I did and buy the Tech2 GM Clone Device like fdryer has on his signature.

https://www.amazon.com/VXDIAG-Tech2W.../dp/B074365Q6H

Someone ported the Tech2 Firmware Device and emulated it in windows software. With the device (USB) OBDII -- this acts as a pass-through which tells the software it's the GM device so that you can access your Saturn's ECU 100%.

I haven't licensed up yet; you can program parts with a subscription for $40 / 1 VIN for 24 months.

Best of luck!
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” - John 3:16 (KJV)
BrandonKastning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 03:57 PM   #3
Rj 2000 LS2
Rj 2000 LS2 is a jewel in the roughRj 2000 LS2 is a jewel in the roughRj 2000 LS2 is a jewel in the roughRj 2000 LS2 is a jewel in the rough

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I'm not buying another code reader unless it makes me breakfast in bed and walks my cat! Amazon is selling smoke in mirrors! I don't trust them!
Old 06-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #4
Rj 2000 LS2

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

They, as is Amazon, fixed their search engine deceiving listing! Nope, wait, I jumped too fast for I still can find a listing for an Ancel 410 that can do ABS testing. I would have NEVER bought this code reader if I wasn't mislead by Amazon's Bait n Switch deceptive advertising!

If you search for "Ancel 410, ABS" you will find an Amazon link that says "ANCEL AD410 Enhanced OBD II Vehicle Code Reader Automotive OBD2 ... Battery Test, Read & clear Engine/Transmission/ABS/SRS fault codes, view live ..." which is a total lie!
Old 10-17-2020, 07:09 AM   #5
Eletronicslam
Eletronicslam is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Amazon worker here not saying Amazon doesn't have fault but they rely on customers to report bad/dishonest sellers. (report that sell should see something silimiar too shipped by Amazon. Com and sold by xyxseller that second one is who should be most mad with
Most of items on Amazon are sold by a third party and we just handle shipping and listing of said items but the seller distracts what's posted about their products.
Makes for some ****ty situations like this one.
Eletronicslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:28 PM   #6
Russet
Russet has a spectacular aura aboutRusset has a spectacular aura about

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

@Rj 2000 LS2 those description comes from the seller or manufacture not Amazon. They rely on the seller to provide accurate information. They have disclaimers that it's up to the seller to provide the information to Amazon. They don't QC the products - if there is a problem that's why the reviews and questions are they to inform other potential buyers of issues or problem. And if issue is found that Amazon support be notified ASAP about misinformation or problems with the seller.
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #7
Bill Murray
Master Member
Bill Murray is a jewel in the roughBill Murray is a jewel in the roughBill Murray is a jewel in the roughBill Murray is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
1997 SC1

FWIW I've had good luck with the Blue Driver for airbag and abs stuff on my GMs. It's 100 bucks on Amazon.
Bill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #8
Rj 2000 LS2

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

It was an Amazon placement ad on google. Classic Bait n Switch! It was my fault for purchasing and not spending enough time to read all the details in the description. Problem was... the description was detailed, too detailed and I never realized something was missing i.e. ABS codes.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:42 PM   #9
PaulGraz
Advanced Member
PaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of light

2001 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Also - that reader may in fact be able to handle ABS on other cars - just not yours. Diags that go beyond the OBDII spec (which is basically emissions) vary from one car manufacturer to the next.
----
~Paul
2001 LW200 (4th saturn owned) 272K+ Miles!
71 Volvo 1800E, 73 Volvo 1800ES, 08 Volvo C30, 11 Volvo V50
Gone on to other owners: 92 SL2, 95 SW2, 96 SC2
PaulGraz is offline   Reply With Quote