SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2018, 11:28 PM   #1
Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Stop posting S-Series to L-Series thread

I don't know if people are ESL or what but stop posting to L-Series with your S-Series problems. Your not helping anyone and is annoying, we all agreed to the posting rules to post to the right forum for the Saturn model. So is it that hard to understand that. S and L share the Saturn name but not the body/hardware.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2018, 11:53 PM   #2
Francophile50
Francophile50 is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Default Re: Stop posting S-Series to L-Series thread

Russell I appreciate your post. Back in 96 and 98 I owned s station wagons. I did not like them I thought they were too small for me a tall man. I just about gave up on the line when I came back and saw that they had remodeled the station wagon to the L models by 2002. Beings that you're a L fan like myself could you please State the obvious difference between the two different cars? Thanks Scott

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Francophile50's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Francophile50 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Francophile50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #3
soulsurvives
soulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of light

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Russet...chill lol. It's a common mistake, but a mistake none the less. You are not perfect so don't expect others to be so.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to soulsurvives's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help soulsurvives reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
soulsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:40 AM   #4
soulsurvives
soulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of lightsoulsurvives is a glorious beacon of light

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francophile50 View Post
Russell I appreciate your post. Back in 96 and 98 I owned s station wagons. I did not like them I thought they were too small for me a tall man. I just about gave up on the line when I came back and saw that they had remodeled the station wagon to the L models by 2002. Beings that you're a L fan like myself could you please State the obvious difference between the two different cars? Thanks Scott
The differences are everything lol. The L series is based on a car designed and built in Europe. There are some things from an S series that interchange with the L series, but not much at all. In the USA the L series shares many parts with the Saab 9-5 and Cadillac Catera.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to soulsurvives's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help soulsurvives reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
soulsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:12 AM   #5
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francophile50 View Post
...please State the obvious difference between the two different cars...
Apart from the fact that the L-Series is bigger ("L" stood for large in Saturn's simple way of designating models back then), the simplest exterior differentiation is at the wheels. S-Series cars have a 4 bolt pattern for the wheel mounting while the L-Series cars have a 5 bolt pattern.

(I would like to point out that Saturn did nobody any favors by not identifying their model names on the passenger cars until 2002 [the L-Series model names officially changed in '01] when they were forced to so as a result of a lawsuit with Toyota/Lexus over the use of the "LS" model name which they were already using. Toyota won and the Saturn "LS" became simply L-___ [choose your number: 100, 200, 300]. Add to this the fact that it was just plain foolish to have one model's base designation called SL and another one called LS. The "brains" at headquarters created the opportunity for confusion in the future.)

289,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 07-14-2018 at 12:18 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote