SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
StrnWolf
StrnWolf is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
1994 SL1
Default Steering Problems After Near Head On Collision

Recently my 94 SL1 was in a small collision and now when I drive at random times the car decides it wants to go in a different direction slightly. It was a hit and run the other driver did not know how a 4-way stop works so he hit the front right corner of my car while I was making a left turn and he tried to go straight. Id say we both were at about 6MPH. The back seats were down so it was enough to force EVERYTHING from the trunk into the back seats and everything in back seat to the front of the car.

Wonder if maybe it could be a simple alignment? Part of the bumper corner is broken off and now the front bumper and hood are no longer evenly aligned. One side of the hood has a teeny tiny gap while the other side has a big much larger gap.

May kill me but I do not want to put much money into this, really the ONLY thing good is the engine, would be great for a rebuild but everything else is bad. Even the transmission is now grinding during shifts and is unpredictable. The rear dog bone mount (mount #4) is broken and the bracket that connects front dog bone to frame is broken. I just want to make this safe for my mother who now drives it (and did 98% of the damage to it)

PS: Would anybody in/near Bay Area, California possibly be interested in taking the car for free when it breaks down? Likely death will be tranny. Engine runs AMAZING for its age, in fact whenever it was smogged it got amazing results so its been running very clean.

07/2018-PRESENT 1995 SL2
12/2009-PRESENT (Soon to die) 1994 SL1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to StrnWolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help StrnWolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
StrnWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #2
billr
Master Member
billr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nicebillr is just really nice

Default Re: Steering Problems After Near Head On Collision

I doubt it is only going to need a "simple" alignment. It is likely that something has been bent or broken and needs to be repaired before an alignment can be successfully done.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billr is offline   Reply With Quote