SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #1
Tom Walsh
Tom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the roughTom Walsh is a jewel in the rough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Manual VSS and Pigtail

I just finished replacing a dead clutch slave device in an 02 Vue. Most items were straight forward to purchase, Until my VSS and its Electrical harness connector got forceably separated. The Speed Sensor I found was Airtek 5S4880. The pigtail was a Standard Brand S1038. I hope this helps someone. I couldn't believe that I couldn't find a listing for one, considering the problems with the automatic. And the use of manual ones to replace them. The listing said the connector was for an ABS sensor. The three colors were white. I just put colored tape around them. All I can say is that We drove the car about 3 miles and the speedometer was working.
That wasn't the only excitement I had with this job. Three of the four engine cradle securing bolts and nuts were fused together. They had to be torched. I was going to get original nuts from the junkyard but figured they would be the same. And the securing setup for the nuts that had been in that little access hole was toast. I got nuts and bolts from my local Metric screw and nut guy. I held the nut with a 22mm flare wrench. The bolt could be as long as it needed to be and I still got my wrench back from the little hole. Hope this helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom Walsh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom Walsh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links