SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2019, 12:06 AM   #21
SaturnIonsRock
SaturnIonsRock is a jewel in the roughSaturnIonsRock is a jewel in the roughSaturnIonsRock is a jewel in the rough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: No start no crank

Cant tell on these as i couldnt add the video but if you look at them you will be able to understand way more than i do. I seen at the top EVA CAT and O2s were lit up (cant see in these photos sorry) anyway let me know what you think please. Ive never used this scanner OBD2 tool thing before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scanner.jpg (111.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Scanner2.jpg (118.5 KB, 6 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIonsRock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIonsRock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIonsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2019, 01:34 AM   #22
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: No start no crank

The eva(p), O2, and cat(alytic) converter flashing probably means they're related to the P0300 error code - general misfire condition. Misfiring means one or more cylinders are firing intermittently. This also means the unburned fuel/air mixture is exhausted into the catalytic converter. Catcons are not supposed to convert raw fuel. When catcons are at operating temperatures, the raw fuel/air mixture burns and makes the catcon run well above its design temperatures. The excessive fuel/air mixtures simply allows a raging inferno within the catcon to destroy it in as little as 50 miles. Since you're already not able to drive over 20kmh, the exhaust system is probably choking off exhaust flow, strangling the engine from breathing. I suggested back in post #11 to remove the exhaust manifold mounted O2 sensor and start the engine the drive around the block. I do not know any other suggestions to make at this point until trying this test to determine if the exhaust system is blocked from a damaged catcon disintegrating within its case. This test is simple without paying a repair shop or dealer to determine what's wrong. And to add insult to anyone not aware of general operating principles in business, repair shops and dealers are in business to make money whether they fix a problem or not. Read the previous sentence as many times as needed until its understood. No dealer or repair shop will refund labor charges and parts if they're wrong and will never admit to chasing a problem by replacing parts that still won't fix a problem. This isn't anything new but normal practice. As long as they can fix most problems, they make money and customers drive away with a repair that solves their problem. In cases where problems are more difficult to repair, parts replacement is the first thing in procedures even though it doesn't fix anything. All manner if excuses are given with the usual "Well, we still think that those parts were necessary as they were needed but we will gladly continue trying to find the problem but we charge hourly labor rates or a flat fee (whichever is higher)" Remember, business is in business to give customers the business... They make money period.

I strongly suggest testing for a blocked exhaust system by removing the O2 sensor. Your have nothing to lose except scraped knuckles and time and may save a bundle of money finding out for yourself how diyers can save money by doing most repairs at home with help from friends, relatives, online sites like Saturnans, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote