SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
morpheus2969
morpheus2969 is on a distinguished road

Default Buying dealer stock v. vehicle in dealer network

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on an Outlook. This is an awesome vehicle! I'm wondering if the dealers have an incentive to move what they have on their lot versus doing a dealer network search. I'm looking to get into a Silver XR FWD with black leather, sunroof, advanced audio, touring and convenience package, but my local dealer doesn't have it on the lot. The Saturn vehicle locator on the website doesn't seem to be very accurate. Any thoughts? Maybe I should just order one and wait 5-6 weeks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to morpheus2969's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help morpheus2969 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
morpheus2969 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
GB1
GB1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Buying dealer stock v. vehicle in dealer network

It's probably a bit early for incentives, which manufacturers usually only do if supply exceeds demand, which in automoble-speak is greater than a 60-day supply on the lots. But if you're a previous Saturn owner and want to get another, I'm willing to bet they'd give you a loyalty discount. Try it and see (!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GB1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GB1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
morpheus2969

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm a Chrysler owner so I qualify for the "Conquest Rebate" but my dealer is telling that is only available vehicles in stock, not orders.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help morpheus2969 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #4
KenSatrun
KenSatrun is on a distinguished road

I believe he's probably telling you it's only applicable to in stock vehicles because an ordered vehicle won't arrive in time for the current Feb 28th deadline.

I do not believe there are any difference in Outlook incentives between dealer stock and an order. This usually doesn't happen until year end for past model year closeouts. There are only about 5-6000 units in dealer stock at present. If you're in the Northeast I believe there's an extra $500 bonus cash at present.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KenSatrun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KenSatrun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KenSatrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Technically, there should be no price difference whatsoever between an on lot unit and a dealer swapped unit. Both are "in stock" and both would qualify for the Conquest cash.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
morpheus2969

Thanks for all the help.

This weekend, I pulled the trigger and purchased a Silver XR FWD with black leather, advanced audio, touring package, sunroof and convenience package. This vehicle is awesome! I'm going to go back to get the chrome running boards soon.

BTW - I was able to get the Conquest rebate, the $500 rebate and an additional $200 off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!