SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
Sharti
Sharti is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Front Power outlet (cigarette)

Hey everyone, just recently bought a 2003 V6 AWD Vue and i love it. One problem, the front 12V (Cigarette) outlet doesn't work, I've checked the fuses but no luck. Everything else is working great. Please help, need it to work very soon! Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sharti's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sharti reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sharti is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2006, 02:02 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Front Power outlet (cigarette)

If you're absolutely sure the cigarette power fuse isn't blown then the easiest thing to check would be to physically look/feel behind the outlet for the center wire terminal that should have +12 volts. The cigarette housing is ground. Perhaps the previous owner cut it and used the hot wire for an amp/radio/accessory power and didn't want to use the large 12v plug, for customizing things. Depending on the accessibility of the HOT 12v wire behind the console/dash panel will either make hunting for this wire easy or difficult. If it was cut and you can identify the wire color, locate the HOT end, either wrapped in electrical tape, dangling freely, or wired into some other circuit would tell you how to proceed. A multimeter would be appropriate here unless you're adept at just using a 12v stop lamp for simple hot wire tracing. Using a 12v lamp and having the base touch a frame ground while the suspect hot wire touches one of the bottom contacts should light the lamp. That's assuming the cigarette outlet is HOT all the time (not switched ON with the ignition key) and the fuse is good. It takes longer to write this up than it would for you to find the blown fuse or trace the wire from the outlet. And then there may be something else that isn't apparent until you poke around some more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:13 AM   #3
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharti View Post
Hey everyone, just recently bought a 2003 V6 AWD Vue and i love it. One problem, the front 12V (Cigarette) outlet doesn't work, I've checked the fuses but no luck. Everything else is working great. Please help, need it to work very soon! Thanks!
I'm not sure how different the 06 is vs the 03, but I had to buy a cig plug (element and receptacle) to make it work...Also, maybe the element is busted? Do you have something that is powered with a cig adapter (ex. a light)? Try it, to see if you have power.

'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mellissam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mellissam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
Venomized
Venomized is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharti View Post
Even though you think it is not blown, I would change the fuse anyhow. Not all bad fuses show bad with a visual inspection.

Beyond that it is in the wires or the actual plug is bad.

06 Vue AWD V6
01 Grand Cherokee
05 Gulfstream Conquest 28 foot class C

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Venomized's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Venomized reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
Sharti
Sharti is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Thanks all for your help. But the winner is.....Fdryer! Old owner did cut the leads behind it. Popped it apart and rewired it, works great now! Now i just have to get customizing the Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sharti's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sharti reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sharti is offline   Reply With Quote