SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
canoecraft
canoecraft is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
2002 VUE 2.2L
Question The other Saturn forums site: what's up?

What's the deal with the Saturnforum.com site? When I try to register for any forum, I get a message that I'm banned for life. Has the site been hijacked by *******s (rectal orifice)? Or is the administrator just using the site as his personal toy for laughs?

Last edited by canoecraft; 01-13-2015 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: change URL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to canoecraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help canoecraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
canoecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: The other Saturn forums site: what's up?

DUhhhhhhhhhhhh, ask them

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

As a new member here and attempting to register with another site, you should read as many threads as possible to have an overall feel of the way members are treated and addressed when questions are posted. Like any club, certain members will present their true character traits with less than adult behavior when disagreements occur, some as senior members. Unfortunately, there are those that feel their thoughts are superior and cannot accept debate or criticism so banning members is a way to ignore criticism or debate. This appears as a less democratic and more authoritarian ruling to the exclusion of many. I know members here either left or were banned from Saturnfans; they acted as bullies here with less than adult behavior and resorted to cursing in replies. After a few of these posts, they don't reappear, possibly from Charlie intervening or complaint(s) filed with him.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I took a look at that site's member list and I suspect that it is much younger than SaturnFans.

There are six members with over 1,000 posts, all under 4,000. The majority of the member's posts were in double digits. A senior member ranking here requires 1,000 posts. In the other forum the threshold for a senior member ranking appears to be 100 posts. I saw one member name there which I've also seen here in SaturnFans, goaliemo.

I think that fdryer is on to something with regard to being "banned for life" from a website forum. We must all be respectful and careful - yes, that includes me - with the language we use when communicating with one another here. To get a sense of how people write their posts, move the browser over the log-in/member name to the left of each post> left click, or hover> select Find more posts by ....> left click, and check them out.

295,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote