SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2
1998 SW2
Default Control Bar Ends

Some driver I know recently ate a curb and bent the Engine Cradle and Control Bar.

When I saw the Control Bar (pictured below) that some body shoppe installed , I convinced the driver to find one that did not look like death on a stick.

http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...-bar/cat/13558

I just so happen to have an extra few Bars (2 are pictured below)
I planned to give, free of charge the "corroded end" Bar to this driver.
Is that corroded Bar too far gone?
For the corroded Bar ends:
I plan to coat it with POR15 and then fill in the cratered surface with JB Weld and then give it another coat of POR15.
Would coating and smoothing over the rust pits constitute tampering and possibly negligent homicide? Meaning, does that Bar end look serviceable if no further corrosion occurs?

Or, should I coat the better looking Control Bar end (pictured below) and sell it to the driver and have the body shoppe install a critical suspension component that is not crappe?

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 12 stalls to date (and loving it)

Last edited by bumpdraft; 05-12-2015 at 09:05 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Control Bar Ends

I would not use that corroded bar.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the roughbumpdraft is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
I would not use that corroded bar.
I will second that

On the other one...
Wire-wheeled, sand-blasted and two coats of POR15. Additional coat of POR15 with the Bar up-side-down for POR15 to run inside the tube at the joint between the tube and the insert. Then, smeared WindoWeld around the joint.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 12 stalls to date (and loving it)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

That should last fine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote