SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
ILSaturnChick74
ILSaturnChick74 is on a distinguished road

Default New Here

Just wanted to say hello. Bought my Aura about a month ago. Enjoying is so far. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Cheryl

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ILSaturnChick74's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ILSaturnChick74 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ILSaturnChick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
CrewCab
Advanced Member
CrewCab will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE
1996 SL2
Default Re: New Here

Welcome.
I'm a new Aura owner also. Just got mine 3/31.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CrewCab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CrewCab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CrewCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
PortCityShawn
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSaturnChick74 View Post
Just wanted to say hello. Bought my Aura about a month ago. Enjoying is so far. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Cheryl
Welcome, ILSaturnChick74... Congrats on your new ride! You should post a pic or two when you get a chance.

What do you like & dislike about your new Saturn

Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortCityShawn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortCityShawn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
ILSaturnChick74

The only problem I've had so far is with Onstar. It took a few phone calls to start getting my emails from them. I am going to see my sister in IA this weekend & plan on getting directions thru Onstar. I am testing to see how accurate they are. I do like having Onstar. Not as crazy about XM as I thought I would be. So I won't be keeping that pass the trial run.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ILSaturnChick74 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
saea501
saea501 is on a distinguished road

Not crazy about XM?!!

Hokie smokies.....I can't live without it. Had it for about 3 years and I just cannot listen to terrestrial radio anymore. You can't drive out of the signal range and you have any kind of tunage you can imagine. But I guess to each their own.

I was going to say enjoy your new ride but I know it isn't possible to drive an Aura and not love it. Which one did you get by the way?

2008 Aura XE 3.5 Red Jewel
Tan leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saea501's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saea501 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saea501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #6
ILSaturnChick74

Yeah the never out of range for the XM is great. But I only have a 20 minute commute to work. We don't travel much anyway, so I could see it being great for someone who does. Or for people who don't want commercials. I got the XE, jewel red & gray cloth interior.

Cheryl

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
bue05
Advanced Member
bue05 will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

ILsaturnchick, Welcome, and enjoy your new aura!! Im sure it gives you lots of great enjoyment and excitement, driving, riding, and looking at it. Its a great automobile! The xm is fanfreakingtastic!!!!!!! Once you learn how to program in your favorite stations and how it all works, its amazing.. plus you can listen on any computer at anytime to your favorite xm channels for free!!!! Onstar, is a very powerful, safe, dynamic in car safety package and feature, I shall not own a GM without it inside.. Why? Because here are a few reasons....
1. Its always on, there, ready, 24-7, 365, with friendly, caring, helpful, and knowledgeable men and women trained to handle the particular call you are needing help with or making.
2. Hands free dialing, calling, loud and clear two way communication between you and the other person, memory dialing, digit dialing, redial, onstar advisor for traffic, weather, stocks, etc. quotes and can be linked to a verizon pkg. this system operates cellularly at 3 watts compared to a .6watt cell phone.
3. Turn by turn navagation is the bomb, next to having a tom=tom, its quick, easy, and darn near perfect 99.9999% of the time.
4. Lost or stolen vehicle find or assist, key lock out, gas or tow help/find, directions, airbag deployment, advanced crash notification, crisis assist, ride assist, horn and lights, onboard diagnostics, reservations and much more.
5. THE BIGGEST REASON!!!!! I and my 3 1/2 year old daughter were on our way to the babysitters one early cold morning, and I rearended a man in my lane of traffic, where and how he got there????? i swerved but was too late at 60mph in a brand new aura!!!!, No airbag deployment, the vehicle sustained nearly 15,000 dollars worth of damage, we thankfully were just soar!. ONstar emergency service tech was on the line, telling me not only where i was, but that police and tow truck were in route, were we ok, did we need anything else, they called my mother n law, and my wife.. who about crapped her pants when the onstar lady called her at work!!!, patched them through to my car and talked to them directly, they stayed on the line and calmed my butt down!!!. PLUS I HAD MY CELL PHONE WITH ME!!!! LIKE EVERYONE SAYS, I DONT NEED ONSTAR I HAVE A CELL PHONE YADDA YADDA... GUESS WHERE MY CELL PHONE WAS!!!!!!!??? UNDER THE PASSENGER SEAT OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF REACH!!. knowing that my daughter could have been hurt and left to sit in a wrecked car without me being conscience or able to get help, scares the crap out of me.. I think those are good enough reasons!! at first you will recieve an email rightaway usually, then it takes a whole month to get diagnostic email, then its like clockwork! Thanks for letting me share my aura and onstar story with you, its not perfect, buts its pretty darn close! and for only 12.95 a month for just the safe and sound pkg.. its cheaper than any of our cable, phone, tivo, cell, etc subscriptions... best of luck. bue05
p.s.s. I do not work for saturn/GM/ONstar or its suppliers, subsidaries, or affiliates, I am a GMFamily member and an avid lover of GM/Saturn/Onstar. i work in a pharmacy actually. so i don't want to hear oh you must work for them to praise them b.s.... just in case..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bue05's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bue05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bue05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
MJD112379
MJD112379 is on a distinguished road

OnStar's directions are the same as MapQuest and I have found them to be accurate. The problem I have with Directions and Connections is getting the directions to come through on the first try without having to call back for them to resend it. Or avoiding "I'm sorry sir, turn-by-turn is down right now, but I can provide you with voice directions."

XM's playlists are too limited. Same songs over and over. How many times can one listen to Elton John's "Club at the End of the Street?"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MJD112379's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MJD112379 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MJD112379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
bue05
Advanced Member
bue05 will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

mjd112379, I would go get or find a 4 leaf clover and hang it on your rearview mirror! lol.. oh my goodness, it doesn't download the directions correctly at times? plus it being down? wow.. you have had some ****ty experinces.. is there anyway of trading out to an 08 or something?? weird. bue05

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bue05's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bue05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bue05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #10
ILSaturnChick74

I almost hit a deer on my way home from work tonight. Luckily I was only doing about 45mph & was able to slow to almost a stop. He was just talking a nice stroll across the street. A few of his friends where there too. I crapped myself...lol. Thinking.....here I get a brand new car & just a month into owning it...... ya know! Thank goodness I didn't hit it!!!!!

Cheryl

P.S. Listening to XM on the way home....same song on @ the same time, different stations, right next to each other.....lol.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #11
snobrdrdan
Advanced Member
snobrdrdan is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCab View Post
Welcome.
I'm a new Aura owner also. Just got mine 3/31.
Same here....3/31 I picked mine up

Don't know if it was the same for you....but that waiving the 6 payments & 1 year lease pull ahead sure was lucrative!

(I had 7 payments left on my lease though....so I just had to pay the last payment minus interest = $204)

2009 VW GTI

FRO: 2007 Ion REDLINE -- 8/06-3/08
2008 Aura XR -- 3/08-8/08

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snobrdrdan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snobrdrdan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote