SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
dishdude
dishdude is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Picking up my new Aura Tuesday!

Just wanted to thank everyone who responded to a couple of questions I posted on here while I was considering the purchase of my Aura, and brag a little! I was waiting around to try and find a used one but finally took the plunge on a new one after seeing what discounts were out there, it was almost cheaper to buy new, and I could pick the options I wanted. I had a terrible time trying to find a 4cyl with the convenience and preferred packages, but the dealer by my house was the only one of the 5 locals dealers that had one...it's not my first choice in color but it will work (techno gray). Anyway, so far the dealer has been great.

They gave me $8800 for my 05 Cobalt that I have been trying to sell for $9000 and had no luck. I also managed to get $3500 off sticker by way of a $1000 supplier discount, $1000 regional rebate, $1000 GM loyalty and $500 in auto show cash.

My new baby was born 3/08 so it has all the mid year upgrades!! I'll post back tomorrow night and let everyone know how it goes tomorrow!

I'm a little nervous about the 4cyl and not getting the advanced audio package, but everyone on here raves about the 4 cyl and the stock radio, so I hope I'll be happy!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dishdude's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dishdude reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dishdude is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Picking up my new Aura Tuesday!

Congrats! And yes, in stock form, you should love the silent 2.4L and the stereo, especially coming from a Cobalt

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
dishdude
dishdude is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

I can't believe how quiet and smooth it is, I have only put about 30 miles on it but so far I am very impressed! A little nervous about how light the carpet is, it looks like it is dying to just get filthy and show all the dirt, so I'll have to be careful. So far though, I love it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dishdude's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dishdude reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dishdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #4
snobrdrdan
Advanced Member
snobrdrdan is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Yeah it's a nice car...just got mine last week on 3/31.

After coming from a '07 Ion Redline......I can't believe how quiet this car is!

Makes it seem like my Redline was a race car or something (it had some rattles & you could here the stock exhaust & all the road noise).

I love mine...enjoy yours!!

2009 VW GTI

FRO: 2007 Ion REDLINE -- 8/06-3/08
2008 Aura XR -- 3/08-8/08

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snobrdrdan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snobrdrdan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
steelerman
steelerman is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Congrats on your new Aura. I am sure you will enjoy it. Don't worry about the light mats. Mine has black mats and THEY show everything. I just try and keep them as clean as possible.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to steelerman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help steelerman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
steelerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
I can't believe how quiet and smooth it is, I have only put about 30 miles on it but so far I am very impressed! A little nervous about how light the carpet is, it looks like it is dying to just get filthy and show all the dirt, so I'll have to be careful. So far though, I love it!
Great!

As for the carpet...it's called All Season vinyl mats to match! Never have had a car without them, the easiest thing to clean, perfect carpet underneath, and custom fitted like anything OEM. Best recommendation I have for anyone, especially over carpet mats which are terrible in theory...because it's just more carpet to get dirty and always is disgusting just after typical daily use with shoes, dirt, wet, etc. Some dislike vinyl under their feet, I dislike carpet that looks awful with any use and is much harder to clean.

And, again, enjoy that peppy little 2.4L and its whisper quality

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #7
snobrdrdan
Advanced Member
snobrdrdan is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
A little nervous about how light the carpet is, it looks like it is dying to just get filthy and show all the dirt, so I'll have to be careful
Get the Saturn Rubber Floor Mats.....they're specifically designed for the Aura (obviously) and cut out perfect. Plus they say "Aura" on the front ones

https://www.saturnparts.com/product_...oducts_id/1147

2009 VW GTI

FRO: 2007 Ion REDLINE -- 8/06-3/08
2008 Aura XR -- 3/08-8/08

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snobrdrdan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snobrdrdan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snobrdrdan is offline   Reply With Quote