SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
DJPSC
DJPSC is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
1996 SL1
Default Side Steps!

Hi Everyone I was wondering if anyone has tired to put these side steps on there Vue http://www.saturnaccessories.com/sf6...ng_boards.aspx
and also if they had any pictures of them?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DJPSC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DJPSC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2004, 12:15 PM   #2
MichiganVue
MichiganVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Side Steps!

Installed nerf bars but not these running boards. Check out this thread http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44330

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MichiganVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MichiganVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:15 PM   #3
LoweredVue
LoweredVue is on a distinguished road

from the pics would the grey side cladding have to be removed. That would be excellent.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LoweredVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LoweredVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:30 PM   #4
torque
torque is on a distinguished road

i have installed many set of these at work. they are not hard to install but there is drilling into the pinch weld required for the attaching brackets. the cladding at the front (just behind the front wheel) is covered up. the small piece on the rear doors is removed and replaced with a painted piece included in the kit. it will probably take you about three hours to install, and an extra set of hands will make things easier.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to torque's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help torque reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #5
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

They look very nice. If I had a standard Vue I'd definitely want them. They do kinda remind me of a Fr0d Exploder, but other than that, they are very sharp.

Tupperware cars FTW!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:04 AM   #6
DJPSC
DJPSC is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
1996 SL1

Does anyone have anu pictures of these side steps installed in there gallery's if not could you post them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DJPSC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DJPSC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:22 AM   #7
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Happy Re: Side Steps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPSC
Does anyone have anu pictures of these side steps installed in there gallery's if not could you post them.
Here are two photos. The running boards are also included as part of the new 4-cylinder VUE Appearance Package.

Charlie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04-vue4cylapp-02.jpg (37.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 04-vue4cylapp-04.jpg (43.3 KB, 48 views)

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-14-2004, 12:32 PM   #8
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2

Veeeerry nice. That should be standard!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dante's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dante reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-15-2004, 04:36 PM   #9
robert_vue
Advanced Member
robert_vue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

The brochure picture does this enhancement no justice. I'm looking to get a 2005 shortly, and seriously considering that package. If you look in the brochure, it doesn't look all that hot. I saw one in the lot, and it looks nice. Kind of like a redline Vue look for the non-redline Vue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Here are two photos. The running boards are also included as part of the new 4-cylinder VUE Appearance Package.

Charlie

Robert R.
03 VUE: Oct 15, 2002 - Dec 5, 2004 R.I.P.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to robert_vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help robert_vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-15-2004, 04:48 PM   #10
robert_vue
Advanced Member

2005 VUE 2.2L

Does anybody know if these affect the ground clearance? How strong are they, they look plastic? My Saturn guy says no they don't appear to affect the ground clearance, but how strong could they be? They look like plastic. I do like that I won't need to get the cladding though, that part is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
Veeeerry nice. That should be standard!

Robert R.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help robert_vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-16-2004, 11:25 PM   #11
torque
torque is on a distinguished road

the steps are molded plastic similar to the other body panels over an aluminum frame. the frame is attached to the body with coated steel supports (4 per side). the loss of ground clearance is minimal, about an inch and a half.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to torque's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help torque reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-17-2004, 12:35 AM   #12
robert_vue
Advanced Member

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Plastic Running Board...

I almost financed my car with those things, but the "at cost" (though I don't think that was really the at cost cost) was too high to me. Rather buy them later and go through the pain (fun) of installing it myself. That 1.5 inches is a lot, my 2003 VUE barely cleared curbs, and sometimes it didn't clear them. After posting this, I did check one out, and stood on it at a Saturn dealer. It looks really nice and feels very very secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque
the steps are molded plastic similar to the other body panels over an aluminum frame. the frame is attached to the body with coated steel supports (4 per side). the loss of ground clearance is minimal, about an inch and a half.

Robert R.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread