SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2019, 07:50 AM   #1
rfisher
rfisher is a jewel in the roughrfisher is a jewel in the roughrfisher is a jewel in the rough

Default the old blower motor switch trick

hi Saturn sages- been up against poor depictions and instructions in Haynes manual on switch r and r. need your specific guidance if you have done the switch job on an L series. new switch delivery was postponed to today or tomorrow . can get bezel off and control unit unscrewed. how do you then get the old switch out and new one in? since unit looks fragile, want to get it right the first time. shyster dealer and an indy wanted 325 and 290 for job. nothing changes does it. thanks tons bob f

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rfisher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rfisher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
Dsaturn
Dsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really nice

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: the old blower motor switch trick

It has been over a year since I did mine so I can not remember what was involved. I remember a couple of screws and so real brittle plastic that can break if you are not careful. https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...E#immersedview

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dsaturn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:50 PM   #3
rfisher
rfisher is a jewel in the roughrfisher is a jewel in the roughrfisher is a jewel in the rough

hi dsaturn- got the new blower switch delivered today. seems there are two electrical plug connectors in the back of the heater ac control assembly . also appears you have to disconnect the temp dial cable. also appears radio has to come out. not sure about the blower switch. seems it has to slide out form the back. unclear how it locks in place though. sound right to you so far? thanks tons bob f

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rfisher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rfisher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:42 AM   #4
Dsaturn
Dsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really niceDsaturn is just really nice

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I did not take radio out but for better access it is probably a good Idea. Yes the switch comes out from the back and if I remember correctly you have to separate the heater control face from the back as in that pickfrom parts geek. That is where the brittle plastic is.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dsaturn is online now   Reply With Quote