SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
Tricha122
Tricha122 is on a distinguished road

Default 2009 vue greenline wont turn off completely - canít get key out

Hey as the title says,

My 2009 Saturn vue greenline is sitting in the driveway with the key still in the ignition because it wonít fully turn off and I canít get the key out. Itís stuck in that purgatory between engine on and off.

Iíve tried moving the car around into different orientation and switch from drive to park about a million times to no avail.

Is there anyway I can manually override whatever is preventing me from turning fully off, or do i just need to wait for some sorry person to steal this POS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tricha122's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tricha122 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tricha122 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2009 vue greenline wont turn off completely - canít get key out

There are several ways for keys to remain locked, preventing removal. Tried googling 'can't remove key from ignition' for suggestions? Most stuck keys are either poor copied keys, worn lock cylinder or shift mechanism, each preventing key removal. As you found out, trying several times of shifting into Park didn't work but other circumstances may contribute to a stuck key. Parking on level ground, pulling up the Park brake while brake pedal is pressed then making sure the steering wheel is straightened and not turned left or right allows less strain on the steering wheel lock when a key is removed. Shifting into Park is supposed to allow key removal when ignition is turned off. A combination of mechanical and electrical devices are used. Worse case scenario is calling a vehicle locksmith for help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote