SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Default Goodbye Fritz - GM CEO OUT

Fritz Henderson is no longer CEO of GM

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ricksLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Goodbye Fritz - GM CEO OUT

Honestly, I did not expect Fritz Henderson to be GM's long term CEO. Did he step down or was he forced out?

So I'm guessing Whitacre is the boss now.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Thumbs Up Re: Goodbye Fritz - GM CEO OUT

Just saw this too....it's about time!

Whose next? Hopefully Bob Lutz.

Apparently GM is launching an international search for a replacement CEO.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34227871/ns/business-autos

Whitacre is an Interim CEO until they GM's board finds a replacement.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
l57
l57 is on a distinguished road

So let's rack em up...

Rick Wagoner
Mark LaNeve
Ray Young (CFO)
Fritz Henderson

All TOAST...And just think......it was almost exactly one year ago that these four clowns were in Washington saying...we just need 10 billion and we'll be right back on our feet....lol...God...if it wasn't true it would be a sitcom.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to l57's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help l57 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
l57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #5
SC2SkyVue
SC2SkyVue is on a distinguished road

Devil Re: Goodbye Fritz - GM CEO OUT

Now the White House can appoint a new CEO, maybe Ralph Nader or Michael Moore... and the total destruction of a once-great company will be complete.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2SkyVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2SkyVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2SkyVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2 View Post
Honestly, I did not expect Fritz Henderson to be GM's long term CEO. Did he step down or was he forced out?

He stepped down. It wasn't like it was some sort of Donald Trump "YOU'RE FIRED!" sort of thing. It was a guy being like "F this, I'm out". I wonder what it was that pushed him over the edge. Maybe they've been "altering" sales numbers by counting deposits put on cars as new car sales? Maybe the Volt truly is no farther along than it was 2 years ago. Or maybe he got tired of daily phone calls from Washington? Who knows.

I pity whoever has to take over as captain of this Titanic...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
Kooler King
Advanced Member
Kooler King is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Fritz, Jill, Rick Wagoner, and Steve Miller can now all meet up at the Grosse Point Country Club, play bridge and share some laughs about poor JT Battenberg hiding out in France playing solitaire

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kooler King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kooler King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kooler King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
05SaturnRL
05SaturnRL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2 View Post

From what it sounds like, the board forced him out. I guess they were expecting a better turnaround than what happened so far. Fritz didn't seem all that bad compared to the previous CEOs of GM, at least the guy was trying to turn things around. Hopefully they can get someone in charge who has some knowledge about the auto industry and can run it properly, and not some clueless bean counter. Whitacre kind of seems like a d bag anyway, so the sooner they can find someone the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l57 View Post
So let's rack em up...

Rick Wagoner
Mark LaNeve
Ray Young (CFO)
Fritz Henderson

All TOAST...And just think......it was almost exactly one year ago that these four clowns were in Washington saying...we just need 10 billion and we'll be right back on our feet....lol...God...if it wasn't true it would be a sitcom.
LOL OK, the only one from that list that appeard in front of Congress was Wagoner. Pretty sure that Fritz and LaNeve had no involvement in it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05SaturnRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05SaturnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Going to play Devil's Advocate for a moment here:

Let's just say; that with GM in search of a new CEO...what would happen if said incoming New CEO; who is new to the mix of GM; makes the comments and pushes for the following:

New CEO of GM states that he/or/she will bring back Saturn as a newly launched model line of GM...

So at the end of first quarter 2010.... "Old GM Saturn" gets phased out; and "New GM Saturn" gets launched...Completely as a Seperate unit from GM; but new CEO pushes for funding; R & D, and Saturn launches completely new carline; completely independent of anything else....meaning:

NO cross line GM Clones
Seperate Line manufacturing facility
Remaining dealerships from "Old GM Saturn" still stay as Saturn dealerships
NEW UAW contracts get signed, everyone gets what they want

Just a thought....whose to say that this COULDN'T happen. If GM hires a new CEO that hasn't been in the mix before, and they were a SUPPORTER of the Saturn line, in one way shape or form; then you could probably be sure that a new CEO will try to push to possibly bring the carline back.

Stranger things have happened. I'm not holding out hope that this will happen, but it's a nice thought to think about.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #10
l57
l57 is on a distinguished road

Fritz was canned..period. The phrase "stepping down" is almost always used for execs at that level. No matter how much Fritz may have been different...he wasn't...he was another 25 year GM "in the bubble" guy who ran the damn company day to day under Wagoner. He sat at the top for years as the cancerous GM culture continued to destroy the company....No Loss.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to l57's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help l57 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
l57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Fritz was canned..period. The phrase "stepping down" is almost always used for execs at that level. No matter how much Fritz may have been different...he wasn't...he was another 25 year GM "in the bubble" guy who ran the damn company day to day under Wagoner. He sat at the top for years as the cancerous GM culture continued to destroy the company....No Loss.
Suprised they didn't claim he "stepped down" to "spend more time with his family".

I guess Fritz's daughter had something to say about his, uhmmm "resignation". Jalopnik posted the Facebook commentary. She claims he was forced out......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
2NDSOUT
Master Member

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation84 View Post
Suprised they didn't claim he "stepped down" to "spend more time with his family".

I guess Fritz's daughter had something to say about his, uhmmm "resignation". Jalopnik posted the Facebook commentary. She claims he was forced out......
Sarcasm:

Isn't it "Great" how Technology today even in the family, can ruin someone's career? That's why I try to limit the amount of things I post on my Facebook pages (Personal and my Radio Show page)....you never know when something that is posted is going to become fodder for someone to chew on...

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #13
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooler King View Post
Fritz, Jill, Rick Wagoner, and Steve Miller can now all meet up at the Grosse Point Country Club, play bridge and share some laughs about poor JT Battenberg hiding out in France playing solitaire
They all fed at the company trough with fat salaries and bennies for a number of years. I'm sure they're not crying in their beer. Those line workers all over the country that are getting the boot as a result of gross mismanagement? Well, I'm guessing they don't have as much of a cushion.

---
Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown. Ask yourself why YOU keep going to the circus.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
2NDSOUT
Master Member

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation84 View Post
Jalopnik posted the Facebook commentary. She claims he was forced out......
Warning--- Graphic Language, Read at your own risk...

http://jalopnik.com/5416549/daughter...eo-on-facebook

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
XRL
Master Member

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT View Post
Warning--- Graphic Language, Read at your own risk...

http://jalopnik.com/5416549/daughter...eo-on-facebook
I'm not quite sure that it's really his daughter. It's not like Henderson is a rare last name or something.

In any case, it doesn't really matter. Too bad the BoD isn't resigning too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #16
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Real daughter or imposter..... good for the Sarah Henderson on Facebook. She used a poor choice of some words in a medium like Facebook but if some of her will to talk straight and fight had infected the GM execs some years ago, the company wouldn't be in the position it is today.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #17
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
I think they do it because of unemployment insurance laws. If they actually fire him he can go collect unemployment (little as it is). Makes for weird paperwork. It's an unwritten deal between companies, executives and state governments

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #18
XRL
Master Member

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
I think they do it because of unemployment insurance laws. If they actually fire him he can go collect unemployment (little as it is). Makes for weird paperwork. It's an unwritten deal between companies, executives and state governments
Unemployment is based off a percentage of their former salary. So he'd be making a LOT of money off unemployment if he got it. Though I'd imagine there is some sort of a cap. I've also met people who get more money in unemployment benefits than I make in a year. And they expect you to feel sorry for them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #19
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
Unemployment is based off a percentage of their former salary. So he'd be making a LOT of money off unemployment if he got it. Though I'd imagine there is some sort of a cap. I've also met people who get more money in unemployment benefits than I make in a year. And they expect you to feel sorry for them.
That cap isn't that high - usually in the neighborhood of $500 a week or so. So, it's not like you can make 6 figures or anything on unemployment!

Celebrity Eurosport.
When the road gets a little nervous, take one of these.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #20
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie00SL2 View Post
That cap isn't that high - usually in the neighborhood of $500 a week or so. So, it's not like you can make 6 figures or anything on unemployment!
If you include the cents, you can hit six figures easily

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote