SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #5601
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2
Default Re: What did you do to your S-Series today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seac View Post
... I think it is finally time to dump this car. It still has less than 85K miles on it.
Fissure #8 has crusted-over. Now is your chance to dump your SL2 without splashing lava all over yourself
Seriously, someone would love to have that engine!

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it).
Oil use is 1 oz per 100 miles with approximately 230,000 mi on engine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2018, 06:48 PM   #5602
Nekomimi
Nekomimi is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

The new SCCNA sticker and the original one from Cafepress, so nice to have one back on the window.

Plus Saturn inlay stickers! It's about as close as can get to perfect since the cutouts are for the ION.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitledneww.jpg (149.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Untitledstucks2.jpg (110.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Untitledstuckrss.jpg (76.6 KB, 15 views)

'96 SL1 Originally the family car, passed on to me as my first. "Hellcat" 240,000+ miles and purring smooth.
My Mug is filled with the lost souls of imports.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nekomimi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nekomimi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nekomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #5603
Nekomimi

1996 SL1

Here's a link to not potato quality pictures
https://m.imgur.com/a/9ROhhcZ

'96 SL1 Originally the family car, passed on to me as my first. "Hellcat" 240,000+ miles and purring smooth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Nekomimi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #5604
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

Those inlay stickers look great! Where did you find them? I've been planning for a while now that when I repaint my bumper (still a long way out, painting skills are a wip) to paint the "Saturn" a gold color to match the "saturn of Lowell" sticker on the trunk

97 SL2, auto, 116K miles
Powered by Plastic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #5605
Nekomimi

1996 SL1

Here:https://www.grafxwerks.com/-saturn-r...per-inlay.html
^ .^

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #5606
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Gave away two of my defective Tarzana Senility+ tires and bought two Firehawks to replace them!
https://imgur.com/a/FRLxCKe
15” tires, (44 psi max cold) with 37 psi cold, turn very fast at highway speeds

Last edited by bumpdraft; 09-12-2018 at 05:51 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #5607
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2

Left the oil cap off and sitting in the spark plug trough of the valve cover where it stayed for at least 5 days. Results after about 100 plus miles of 35 mph and slower stop and go commuting, 1/4 quart of oil lost out the top and mostly on the PCV hose.

Topping off my coolant due to the flickering warning light caused me to open the hood and discover my faux pas ( french for boo boo [which is bear for little buddy]).

Did I dodge a bullet?

• 1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
• 2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
• 1994 SL1 new traded
• 1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #5608
bumpdraft
Master Member

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Drove the two new rear tires 230 miles. Handling improved A LOT.

Interesting that the nubs wore off the slightly out-of-round tire, but did not wear off the one tire that runs true.

Right rear tire:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpdraft View Post

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-16-2018, 01:32 PM   #5609
Pitcher
Master Member
Pitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura aboutPitcher has a spectacular aura about

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpdraft View Post
Gave away two of my defective Tarzana Senility+ tires and bought two Firehawks to replace them!
https://imgur.com/a/FRLxCKe
15” tires, (44 psi max cold) with 37 psi cold, turn very fast at highway speeds
The AS? Or which? Thanks... :-)

Proud Owner of an Invincible '98 SC2 Rare "Red Hot" 5-Speed.
Castrol Edge EP + M1 Ext Perf. Oil Filter.

Owned 4 other S-Series.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pitcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pitcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:52 PM   #5610
bumpdraft
Master Member

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitcher View Post
The AS? Or which? Thanks... :-)
It’s Firehawk “AS”.
After a long highway run, I will grind the (still warm) “AS” tire round with the belt sander. It will probably be fine after that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-17-2018, 09:52 AM   #5611
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

MMO soak Saturday night, oil change on Sunday. Drove out to do some shopping after and left a big smoke trail . . . petered out after 2~3 miles at 55 mph. Plugs in good shape, so put them back in.

PL20195 filter (still have about a year or two supply, some are the old yellow 'gritty' canisters) + Rotella T6 (part of the $3/gallon deal)

Also forgot, I got a free Shell Rotella cap with the oil purchase - bonus!

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 141k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #5612
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

Over the last week I've, put on a new flange gasket, replaced both swaybar links, and got a new drivers side trailing arm. It's only been 4 days not being able to drive the Saturn due to the trailing arm, but it's been a long 4 days lol.

These parts sure have seen better days
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4613.jpg (200.2 KB, 19 views)

97 SL2, auto, 116K miles