SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #21
VWCarcrazy
Advanced Member
VWCarcrazy is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: List of open and closed dealerships

Here in Minnesota/Western Wisconsin it is a little confusing. Saturn of St. Paul had (4) dealerships - White Bear Lake, Inver Grove Heights, Mounds View and Oakdale. The Oakdale dealership closed 11-24-08.

Saturn of Minneapolis (and Rochester) had (5) dealerships - Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Golden Valley and Rochester. All are still open.

The rumor is that only a few of these dealerships will transition to a new line of cars. Saturn St. Paul - White Bear Lake is currently scheduled to switch to used cars only and service for Saturn loyalists (who obviously will have to take their warranty work to a GM dealer elsewhere).

2008 Aura XE 2.4L
Ocean Mist/Titanium

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VWCarcrazy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VWCarcrazy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VWCarcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #22
Kaervak
Kaervak will become famous soon enoughKaervak will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2

I received a flyer in the mail yesterday from Saturn of Cleveland which consists of Saturn of Chagrin, North Olmstead & Middleburg Heights stating that they'll be open until the 2010 shutdown and then after that they're going to try to pickup another GM brand to keep those locations open. Saturn of Mentor which was part of Saturn of Cleveland has been shutdown and converted into their Nissan branch.

It's good to hear that the three remaning dealers are staying open since there are a lot of good people employed there. Hopefully they can secure another brand to keep them going after the 2010 shutdown date.

Forgot to mention, Saturn of Cleveland is on Twitter @SaturnCleveland, and Facebook. On their Twitter feed they confirmed that Saturn of Mentor was consolidated into Saturn of Chagrin.

Last edited by Kaervak; 11-05-2009 at 05:39 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kaervak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kaervak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kaervak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #23
tiggerkanga
tiggerkanga is on a distinguished road

In Northern Va. Saturn of Fairfax and Sterling are open with no plans to close

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tiggerkanga's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tiggerkanga reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tiggerkanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #24
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2

Saturn of Larchmont in NY appears to be closed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #25
Hman127
Hman127 is on a distinguished road

Saturn of Watertown, CT, and Saturn of Danbury are still open. Not sure of plans for Milford, or Fairfield. These are probably the oldest Dealerships in CT, which may show why they lasted. Only four Saturn Dealers in CT out of ten from years ago.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hman127's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hman127 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hman127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #26
TXSaturn02
Master Member
TXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura about

2002 SL2

Saturn of Houston - three locations, will remain open until October of 2010.

2002 SL2 Manual - new in November, 2001
As of 09/30/17: 223,751 Miles - SOLD
New owner report of 08/08/19: 234,408 Miles

2013 Mazda 3 HB - new in October 2012
As of 07/25/18: 51,495 Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXSaturn02's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXSaturn02 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TXSaturn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #27
Redline09
Redline09 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrap615 View Post
I have heard a bit of confusion lately as to if Saturn dealerships are still open, I would like to clarify -

First remember dealerships are franchises. GM/Saturn does not close dealerships, owners close dealerships. GM/Saturn only can revoke the dealership contract to do business as a brand. Owners can and do bring in new brands or act unbranded selling used cars.

Second, GM is currently planing to support the Saturn dealer network until October 2010.

with that said, I would like to start a list of the remaining 350 some Saturn dealerships and keep track of which are open and which are closed. If you are not sure about your local dealer, please call. I have seen or heard of several people falsely assume their dealership was closed.

Southside Chicago Dealers- as of 10/28/09
Saturn of Downers Grove, Saturn of Joliet, and Saturn of Northwest Indiana are all closing their doors Friday, Oct. 30th. Saturn of Tinley Park, Saturn of Oaklawn, and Saturn of South Holland are all sister stores with the three that are closing and are staying open for the time being.

Saturn of Dundee, Saturn of Lake Barrington, and Saturn of Elmhurst are all closed, they were sister stores with Saturn of Schaumburg, which to my knowage is still open.

Saturn of North Aurora is closed, it was a sister store with Saturn of Naperville, which i know for a fact is still open.

Saturn of Countryside is closed and has been for several years (only reason I add this is because I had a customer today who thought it was still open)

Saturn of Chicago closed last year.

I know nothing about Saturn of Glenview, or any dealer on the north side of Chicago

Please add to this list with acurate info about your local dealer.

P.S. Charlie, can you please consider stickying this thread?

SATURN of Sprinfield,IL,..... set to close within a month of this post,... inventory is less than 10 modles,..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Redline09's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Redline09 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Redline09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #28
Redline09
Redline09 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Anybody in the Springfield, IL area,... Saturn of Springfield is closing by the end of the year. Any other GM dealer in the area will work on your Satrun within its warrenty plan.

Sad to see another good car company put to rest
RIP OLDSMOBL
RIP SATURN
both good lines,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Redline09's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Redline09 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Redline09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #29
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Just saw an article, that Saturn of Route 422 in Northern Ohio is now closed.

This dealership was where my 94 SC1 was delivered to originally. My car was a demo model that was then shipped to Saturn of Kings Automall, which was purchased by the couple that I bought it from....

http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/nov/2...pen/?newswatch

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #30
aquatechie
aquatechie is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Saturn of Silver Spring, MD is closed. Operations moved to Saturn of Gaithersburg, MD.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aquatechie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aquatechie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aquatechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #31
AJR
Advanced Member
AJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Well at least some people got letters from their dealership. I need a part and I just called 'Saturn of Schaumburg' IL. (where I bought my car) and all I got was a recorded message saying that they are closed. The final kick in the ass! Not even a stinking letter. Bunch of creeps!

Andy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AJR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AJR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #32
LotusLord
LotusLord is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1
2006 VUE 3.5L

Saturn of Madison is closing by February 2010. Service and parts will be moved to the Buick West dealership.

Not sure what the status is of the Boucher Saturn dealers (Milwaukee, Greenfield, Waukesha, though Racine has apparently already closed.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LotusLord's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LotusLord reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LotusLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #33
AJR
Advanced Member
AJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I called the next closest dealer to me (Saturn of Glenview IL.) and the girl I talked to claims they aren't closing. They are staying open. I asked, "As what?" She said, "As Saturn." I have no idea what that means, so when I go there for a part, I'll have to ask a manager.

Andy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AJR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AJR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #34
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR View Post
I called the next closest dealer to me (Saturn of Glenview IL.) and the girl I talked to claims they aren't closing. They are staying open. I asked, "As what?" She said, "As Saturn." I have no idea what that means, so when I go there for a part, I'll have to ask a manager.

Andy
She probably meant they were staying as a Saturn dealership until the end of Saturn.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #35
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Two of the three of the closest Saturn dealers near me have closed. Saturn of Sunnyvale and Saturn of Stevens Creek. The third one, Saturn of Capitol Expressway where I bought my Aura a couple weeks ago is closing Friday.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 SC2
-2001 Limited Edition SC2 (#78)
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #36
nhlkent11
nhlkent11 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

One more to add not listed...

Saturn of Chapel Hill (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) -- I was told that the service dept. will remain open indefinitely but will not be able to do warranty work past Oct. 2010. The sales dept. will close soon however.

I do not know about the dealer in the chain, Saturn of Belden Village.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nhlkent11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nhlkent11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nhlkent11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #37
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Breakdown of Sutliff owned Saturn stores in central PA

Saturn of Harrisburg PA is now Sutliff VW
Saturn of Lancaster PA closed 11/09
Saturn of York PA closing 12/11/09
Saturn of State College PA will reopen as a Buick-GMC-Cadillac store 12/11/09

Most remaining Saturns in the once huge Sutliff inventory will be moved to the Saturn of Carlisle Pike store that will remain Saturn until a new brand can be found for the store.

http://www.pennlive.com/business/pat...890.xml&coll=1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #38
Nightman
Nightman is on a distinguished road

I just heard from a e-mail, that Saturn of Gaithersburg will no longer do non-warranty or maintenace work on effective December 21 when Kia of Silver Spring opens up. Kia of Silver Spring will do Saturn maintenance and non-warranty work. The Saturn of Gaithersburg service department employees will be moving to Kia of Silver Spring around that time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nightman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nightman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #39
shane
shane is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

Saturn of Augusta (GA) looks like it shut down today.

I drove by it this morning and there were about a dozen used cars on the lot with a handful of new Saturns for sale. When I drove by it on the way home, the lot was completely empty.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to shane's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help shane reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #40
cavalier
cavalier is on a distinguished road

Talked to an employee the other day at Saturn of Greenfield (Wisconsin) when I was in for service and he said they're supposed to switch over to a Nissan dealership once Saturn completely winds down.

Their Saturn inventory is already so scarce they've got a use Chevy Suburban sitting on the showroom floor.

Oh, and the building is crapping out on them as the skylight in the roof began leaking and dripping all over the chair next to me. Good thing I sat one seat over or I'd had another shower for the day.

Not sure what will become of the other Boucher dealerships (Saturn of Milwaukee, Saturn of Waukesha and Saturn of Racine which someone mentioned might already be closed).

Nissan at the remaining two? Remains to be seen.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cavalier's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cavalier reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote