SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
Taxbert
Taxbert is on a distinguished road

Default Air Vent Control Not Working

I have a 2008 Saturn Vue. The air flow vent control is not working. The A/C works and the blower motor is working. The air is coming out by the feet, the side vents and a little out the front vents. But when I turn the dial (i.e. defroster, front vent, etc.) nothing happens. How does the vent control knob control the vents? Is it vacuum or electrical? Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Taxbert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Taxbert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Taxbert is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
leogag1
leogag1 is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Air Vent Control Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxbert View Post
I have a 2008 Saturn Vue. The air flow vent control is not working. The A/C works and the blower motor is working. The air is coming out by the feet, the side vents and a little out the front vents. But when I turn the dial (i.e. defroster, front vent, etc.) nothing happens. How does the vent control knob control the vents? Is it vacuum or electrical? Any thoughts on what could be wrong?
It is electrical. If I were you, I'd check the cables and plugs. Maybe it's simply unplugged.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leogag1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leogag1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leogag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
smailmanstn
smailmanstn is on a distinguished road

I had a similar (if not the same) problem with my "08 XE, a little over a year ago. Under warranty, my local Saturn dealer replaced some switch or relay in the control panel.

As I recall, the A/C would only go through the floor vents, and the defrost position pushed through the front dash panel vents, as if the control switch were miswired. But i knew that wasn't the case, because the problem DEVELOPED: the controls worked correctly up to that point.

I had the impression that this was not an unknown problem. The dealership fixed it in a couple of hours (I belive a computer reset was involved). Mine has been working perfectly since. Hope this helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to smailmanstn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help smailmanstn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
smailmanstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
Raptorstwo
Raptorstwo is on a distinguished road

Progress report.

Finally found time to work of the switch. It was much simple that I expected.

1. Remove BEZEL. Place fingers in the 2 air vents above the radio. Give it a good sharp SHORT pull.
Short because bezel is held in place by spirng clips:
2 on top, 3 on each side, 2 at bottom. Work your way down both sides releasing clips on each side.
Note Of Caution: I don't know what kind of plastic the bezel is made of but I suspect it may be brittle when cold. You may need to warm it up if the car is very cold.

This exposes the Radio and the Heater Controls. Each are held in place by one screw of each side.

Use nut driver or socket to remove radio. (Disconnect the wiring harness at the blue connector plug, not the wide narrow grey one.)

This exposed the heater/ac controls.

I did not have to remove the heater control unit. My problem was the plastic gears at the Flow Control Switch. I was able to just turn the horizontal gear by hand which got it back into its proper position.
Swith turns like new.

Hope this works for you. Please let me know if you got this message. Good luck.

Richard.
This works. I did what Richard posted. I want to tell everyone. I've been years without after spending $600 to mechanics who couldn't fix it. Thank you Richard.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Raptorstwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Raptorstwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Raptorstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
brwct08
brwct08 is on a distinguished road

Well I just started having the same problem. AC is blowing at feet very strong and lightly up top. I can't change it. 2008 VUE XR. I tried removing the battery for rest and it did nothing. I read online that it could be the actuator under steering column. Any help?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to brwct08's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help brwct08 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
brwct08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #6
russellgs1
russellgs1 is on a distinguished road

I just started having the similar problem as described above. AC is blowing onto the floor strong and lightly through the dash vents. I can't adjust it to any one location. 2008 VUE XE 4 Cyl. Does anyone think this tread and suggestions are relevant to this problem? Any help? Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to russellgs1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help russellgs1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
russellgs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
tjhess74
tjhess74 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

this topic is my BIGGEST pet peeve with our vue. every single year about this time, our air system does this, or some strange variant thereof. in fact, we just got it back from the shop for this very thing.

four years straight now, the dealer does a reprogram and replaces the control head (the hvac dial knobs). it works great...until the following fall,.

ill take my bezel and radio out and take a gander at what you are talking about. id love for it to be so simple to shove in the dealers face. each year, i rub in the fact that they keep saying 'we finally got it this year'.

on a side note, our symptoms range from no mode control (defrost, vent, floor, etc), no temp control (ALL burning hot or all freezing cold), or both at the same time. the issues can cycle with the on/off cycle of the ignition.

the last time ours was stuck on full heat, we closed the vents, rolled down the windows on a 75 degree day while on the highway, and measured the surface temp of my dash in multiple spots with an ir temp gauge at 117 degrees!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tjhess74's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tjhess74 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tjhess74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #8
mbh47720
mbh47720 is on a distinguished road

try this from someone else on this board
and Save the trip to the dealer
Follow this procedure exactly:
Turn key on - eng not running
Calibrate the mode actuators by simultaneously pushing the A/C and RECIRC buttons on the HVAC control module 3 times each, within 2 seconds of initial push.
1. The A/C and RECIRC button LED's will flash while this calibration is taking place.
2. The calibration will take anywhere between 10 to 30 seconds depending on battery voltage.
3. The LEDs will quit flashing when the calibration is complete.
Cycle the ignition off then back on and verify proper operation

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mbh47720's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mbh47720 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mbh47720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:30 PM   #9
He1
He1 is on a distinguished road

Raptorstwo
Thank you, I need to replace the three vents above the radio. Is there a vendor that I can purchase with out taking out a loan ? Also can you explain a bit more on the 'Short Pull' ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to He1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help He1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
He1 is offline   Reply With Quote