SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 11:05 AM   #1
jb72
jb72 is on a distinguished road

Arrow Seat Covers

OK ... I just bought a VUE ... can't complain ... it sure is better than my Tarus ... but I would like to buy a set of seat covers ... Saturn has 2 available ... one cost $260+ the other cost $45+ ... I guess I'm leaning toward the $45 set (I'm cheap) ... my question is Has anyone seen these or bought a pair? If so ... are they worth it or should I just go to Wal Mart and buy a Wally special set?

i must be off
jb
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2002, 11:17 AM   #2
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up

jb72, go to www.seatshield.com. If you want a seat cover that you use only part-time, their covers are perfect; easy to put on and take off. I got the UltraSport for my L300.

Old 03-05-2002, 11:41 AM   #3
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

IMO if you buy a new vehicle, why put seat covers on it that don't fit properly? No offense but, you've already spent over 17k for the vehicle...... what's another couple of hundred on seat covers made to fit it perfectly? I also don't understand putting sheep skin covers, etc. on leather seats. Why pay around a grand for the option and then cover them?
Beautiful People First~
Old 03-05-2002, 12:15 PM   #4
DAL
DAL is on a distinguished road

Jeff, if you have kids, check out the online "leaps and bounds" catalogue. They have a rear seat cover that will protect the back as well as the seat itself from the inevitable accidents kids will have, and you can still use the seat belts in the middle. The only drawback is the seat cover isn't split for use with a Saturn, but I imagine that is easily remedied with a pair of scissors and quick stitch job (I think the drycleaners on the corner of Middlebrook and 118 would do it if you asked--the ones in the lot with the Giant Food). It runs $20, and it's 41" long and 51" wide, I think.

But if there IS something specifically made for kids+Saturn back seats, I want to know about it.
Old 03-05-2002, 12:16 PM   #5
DAL
DAL is on a distinguished road

Jeff, if you have kids, check out the online "leaps and bounds" catalogue. They have a rear seat cover that will protect the back as well as the seat itself from the inevitable accidents kids will have, and you can still use the seat belts in the middle. The only drawback is the seat cover isn't split for use with a Saturn, but I imagine that is easily remedied with a pair of scissors and quick stitch job (I think the drycleaners on the corner of Middlebrook and 118 would do it if you asked--the ones in the lot with the Giant Food). It runs $20, and it's 41" long and 51" wide, I think.

But if there IS something specifically made for kids+Saturn back seats, I want to know about it.

Oh, if you can't find it as "Leaps and Bounds", try "One Step Ahead" and you may have to use the little search function. I remember it as being catalogued oddly.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:11 PM   #6
wmacblue
wmacblue is on a distinguished road

$45? Where'd you see that? I want to know more!! The only ones I've seen/heard about are the neoprene ones (the expensive ones). I too want to protect my pretty beige upholstery from kid spills... as well as the inevitable accidents when I'm ont he road eating in the car (no choice -- run from appt to appt and it'stheonly way I get to eat!!).

Tell more!!
Old 03-05-2002, 03:23 PM   #7
jb72
jb72 is on a distinguished road

Look in the Vue accesories catalog ... they have both listed ... I called the part dept of my local saturn dealer ... he qquoted the price
Old 03-05-2002, 07:41 PM   #8
martlet
martlet is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L
2008 VUE Green Line

We did purchase the neoprene covers with red centers. We had to replace a drivers seat on our 94sl2 last year and are not eager to repeat that cost. The damage from the constant Atlanta summer sun is what we are most concerned about.

Have the dealer install these if you decide to purchase. They are a very tight fit and the seams will withstand pulling and tugging only to a point. The material looks like it will do the job. It is soft and stretchable. The Saturn covers have several parts. Those two covering the seat plus a piece for the armrest and another for the headrest.

We have seen more durable canvas like material from places that advertise in auto magazines - but the price is at least as high. Also fit and availability from our experience can be a problem. We much prefer paying more for a cover made to fit a seat than one which has to be strapped on.

We purchased the Saturn covers due to their easy availiability and because we like the way they looked. Black seats with red centers look very sporty in our white Vue. Our interior is grey - can't say how this would look with brown. The covers probably carry some warrenty - but I can't recall any details.

I would guess that if the covers are respected (ie not punctured with pens or kicked with shoes) they will work great. If you need the most protection you might compare materials on different makes of covers to make sure you are satisified.

-Scott
Old 03-05-2002, 09:57 PM   #9
martlet

2002 VUE 2.2L
2008 VUE Green Line

I did a quick web search for the neoprene seat covers - here are sites which mention them:
-----

Specialty accessories and appearance products represent the largest growth segment of aftermarket products, with sales more than doubling from $1.8 billion to nearly $4 billion in the past decade.

Accessories purchased and installed at the time a customer takes delivery of a Saturn VUE will be covered by the 36-month/36,000 mile new-vehicle warranty.

Accessories purchased and installed at a later time will be covered by a 12-month/12,000 mile warranty.
http://www.media.gm.com/division/sat...vue011018.html
---
http://www.saturnofsalem.net/Vue-Accys.htm
---
http://www.saturndan.com/vue_accessories.htm
---
OT - this turned up in search and is worth a look
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=3738
Old 03-05-2002, 10:04 PM   #10
martlet

2002 VUE 2.2L
2008 VUE Green Line

last link includes the following description:
Originally intended to have a V-8 and be mounted on GMs new midsize Epsilon platform, the prototype instead relies on the same chassis as the new Saturn Vue, and shares its V-6. Still, it showed a lot of promise during a brief drive.

check it out - and start another thread if worth any discussion...

-Scott
Old 03-06-2002, 12:33 AM   #11
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

Ok, i admit i went to costco while in hawaii, and bought hawaiian seat covers. They worked just fine for me in my SL2 .. I think walmart might even sell them too. But i try to avoid that place at all costs.

Not sure if you are looking for something super classy or not. Hawaiian seat covers are still quite popular around here at least.
Closed Thread