SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2007, 03:40 AM   #1
Sergey
Sergey is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Accept in club Saturn from Moscow :-)

All good afternoon! My name is Sergey I from Moscow. Recently has bought Saturn l200 2003. Accept in club:-) Forgive for my English language, I write by means of the program of the translator. And here is speaking in Russian?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sergey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sergey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sergey is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
hufhouse
hufhouse will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2001 SL2
Default Re: Accept in club Saturn from Moscow :-)

Welcome, Sergey.

How does a Saturn car get to Russia?

Are they sold there new?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hufhouse's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hufhouse reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hufhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Sergey

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

By swimming:-) (floats on the sea) New cars saturn in Russia are not on sale, only second-hand. There are companies which cars on auctions in the USA buy, and bring to Russia.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Sergey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-03-2007, 03:31 PM   #4
Sergey

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I have one serious problem. There is no maintenance instruction. In the Internet I can not find. Help to find manul instruction in a format pdf?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
I have one serious problem. There is no maintenance instruction. In the Internet I can not find. Help to find manul instruction in a format pdf?
I've been asking that for years.

Any specific problem you are having with your car?

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #6
Sergey

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Serious problems are not present. But probably there are problems with the generator. I wish to replace the accumulator

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Generator = alternator
Accumulator= battery.

Welcome Sergey. While I do not have PDF format manuals available, I may be able to provide hopefully understandable translations of excerpts of the factory service manuals for what you want to accomplish.

Добро пожаловать Sergey. Пока я не имею имеющиеся руководства формы PDF, я могу обеспечил hopefully постижимые переводы выдержек руководств общезаводския услуги для вы хотите выполнить.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:32 AM   #8
Sergey

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

This book can eat? - Chilton's 2000-04 Saturn L Series Repair Manual
by Mike Stubblefield
In a digital format. In Russia this book is not on sale.
2003 Saturn L Series L-Series Owners Manual (handbook) - Saw on ebay! It also is the maintenance instruction?
Now I wish to change the air filter of interior. But I do not know as)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-04-2007, 07:51 AM   #9
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Sergey, try these links and see if they help:
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...ight=cabin+air
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...ight=cabin+air

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:02 PM   #10
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
This book can eat? - Chilton's 2000-04 Saturn L Series Repair Manual
by Mike Stubblefield
In a digital format. In Russia this book is not on sale.
2003 Saturn L Series L-Series Owners Manual (handbook) - Saw on ebay! It also is the maintenance instruction?
The Chilton's Repair manual is what you want for maintenance. The Owner's Manual (handbook) will help you learn how to work all of the features of your car but does not have very much information on how to perform maintenance. I'd recommend getting both if you are able to.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:52 AM   #11
Sergey

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Thanks for answers! Without schemes and the photo is very complex to understand. I hope to me who will send instructions on repair and service in an electronic kind (pdf,jpg).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #12
hufhouse
hufhouse will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2001 SL2

Quote:
If this is like my '02 L300, the cabin air filter is at the top of the firewall. When you open the hood, it is in a black box way in the back at the top.

It was hard to find the filter for sale here in the US (without going to the dealer) so I think you will probably have some problems getting it there in Russia. Maybe eBay?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hufhouse's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hufhouse reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hufhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #13
Sergey

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I can not translate the text. The filter in a glove compartment or under a cowl? ebay in Russia does not work. In Russia there are firms which carry automobile spare parts from America. Thanks for advice!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #14
Sergey

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

In Russia again winter :-)

Russia... And motor vehicles from the USA :-) (Ahead a Chrysler!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #15
born again
born again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of light

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Usually in Canada when it is snowing we wear coats. The information on www.alldata.com is usually good. I don't have this for the L-Series but my other car, and the infomation is good.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to born again's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help born again reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
born again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #16
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
I can not translate the text. The filter in a glove compartment or under a cowl? ebay in Russia does not work. In Russia there are firms which carry automobile spare parts from America. Thanks for advice!
Alldata.com is most likely one of the few online services for you to be able to access all the information for your car. I think it requires a monthly or yearly subscription, probably reasonable if you can print the information readily.

Directly under the windshield wipers, after opening the engine hood, is the cowling; in the middle is an access panel that covers the cabin air filter. This panel is just held in place by tabs easily pryed open with a screwdriver and is plastic hinged. As soon as you pull this panel open you'll see the cabin air filter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #17
tomlct
tomlct has a spectacular aura abouttomlct has a spectacular aura about

Interesting photos - seeing the Russian plates on the Saturn.
The letters on the plates looked Western, not Cyrillic. Is that true - the plates are in Western script?
Also, have you parked next to an Opel Vectra "B" yet? That would be interesting, since the "L" is based on the Vectra "B".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tomlct's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tomlct reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tomlct is offline   Reply With Quote