SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 01:47 PM   #1
mathesius
mathesius is on a distinguished road

Default GM card points in April?

Has anyone heard if the April incentives include accepting GM Card Points?

They were supposed to end on 3/31, but since they decided to continue the 0% financing, I wonder if they are continuing to accept GM Card Points too.

Hope so, because that could steer me towards a new Vue this month rather than next year.

I've contacted my area dealer, but they don't have a ready answer (trying to find out though).

Thanks for any info!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mathesius's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mathesius reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2003, 02:13 PM   #2
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

On the GM card site they have already pulled the "apply towards a new Saturn," blurb I saw on March 6 that made me really consider buying a new car.

GM has also changed their 'system,' on the card. At first on the original blue card you could accumulate 5% per year for 7 years with a cap of $500 per year and a total accumulation of $3500. This entire amount could be applied to any GM car and this deal is what I used when it was applicable to Saturn.

The new "Platinum," and other GM cards have no limit at all on accumulation, but the catch is depending on make, model, offer, etc., they can limit you on USING the accumulated points.

For example, on the recent Saturn offer if you did not have the original deal the dealer would restrict you to $1000 no matter how many points you may have earned up.

This 'new,' deal sounds better at first, but if you look into the details the restrictions make the card almost worthless.

You can realistically save more just by haggling with the GM dealer and if you did good on the deal they can just restrict use of the new card bonus.

The old deal is far better and with Saturn's no-haggle it was best of all for a non-GM employee sort of deal.

At least the 0% or cash back is still offered. I wonder if the $1000 loyalty offer is still active too?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:17 PM   #3
pkschul
Advanced Member
pkschul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaseball
On the GM card site they have already pulled the "apply towards a new Saturn," blurb I saw on March 6 that made me really consider buying a new car.

GM has also changed their 'system,' on the card. At first on the original blue card you could accumulate 5% per year for 6 years with a cap of $500 per year and a total accumulation of $3500. This entire amount could be applied to any GM car and this is what I used when it was applicable to Saturn.

The new "Platinum," and other GM cards have no limit at all on accumulation, but the catch is depending on make, model, offer, etc., they can limit you!

For example, on the recent Saturn offer if you did not have the original deal the dealer would restrict you to $1000 no matter how many points you may have earned up.

This 'new,' deal sounds better at first, but if you look into the details the restrictions make the card almost worthless.

You can realistically save more just by haggling with the GM dealer and if you did good on the deal they can just restrict use of the new card bonus.

The old deal is far better and with Saturn's no-haggle it was best of all for a non-GM employee sort of deal.

At least the 0% or cash back is still offered. I wonder if the $1000 loyalty offer is still active too?
This is why I won't "upgrade" my old GM card to the newer version. I have over $3000 on it and I want to use all of it in one shot.... unfortunately there is nothing from GM that I really want right now that is reasonably priced.... maybe I can talk the wife into a Colorado crew cab.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pkschul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pkschul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-01-2003, 03:33 PM   #4
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

At $1,500 dollars I have the old card (Hit the limit for the past 3 years). Since we have a 2000 LS1 and a 2003 VUE would like to accumlate some more points when we get a Malibu or the Equonix in 4 years (Maybe a Saturn). After 7 years about time to trade in the LS1. The limits $3,500. $500 max a year for 7 years. In 2000 was allowed to use on the LS1 saved $2,400 and got 1.9% for 3 years which was the best you could get in 2000. The LS1 has only 3 payments to go!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-01-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
mathesius
mathesius is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Yes, up to $1,000

I heard back both from my dealer & saturn.com, and the answer is YES!

Saturn will still accept GM Card Points with the new April incentives (0% for 5 years or cash back).

The catch is that the maximum amount they will accept is $1,000 REGARDLESS of which card you have.

This makes the incentive pretty similar to the last incentive if you take the 0%.

I was too late to get in on last months incentive, hence my question.

I have the original card with more than $1,000 in points, but the fact they're accepting some of my points makes me happy. Have to go see the dealer soon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mathesius's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mathesius reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread