SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #1
jdbell2004
jdbell2004 has a spectacular aura aboutjdbell2004 has a spectacular aura about

Default Vue Green Line 4t45e Trans Shot????

My wife's vue seems to have lost all power to the wheels.

2008 Vue Green Line
140,000 miles

Last week, driving on the interstate with cruise, the RPMs surged and the vechicle began to decelerate. We had it towed home and the next day drove it around town. I noticed it would not shift out of gear under load, releasing the throttle it would shift into the next gear. Occasionally it would slip out of gear and the RPMs would surge until I released the throttle then slowly come down to under 3000rpm and slowly re-engage.

Took it to my company shop and poked around for a couple of hours, googling everything I could. Took her out for a run again. This time it refused to shift out of first gear. I could accelerate very very slowly until about 2-3000 rpm then it would gradually slip and the RMPs would surge freely.

I no longer have reverse, the "manual mode" does not work. Drive provides nearly zero forward acceleration, the engine seems to spin almost freely.

I have DTC code P1808 and the message "Service Hill Start Assist".

I have not yet checked the trans fluid level but with the mileage and lack of any service for almost 50k miles, I won't be surprised to find 4 gears sitting in a pile on the bottom of the pan.

Thoughts?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jdbell2004's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jdbell2004 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jdbell2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2015, 11:19 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Vue Green Line 4t45e Trans Shot????

Check xmission fluid level first before condemning a ruined xmission.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:34 AM   #3
jdbell2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Will do. Praying for the best.

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jdbell2004 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-19-2015, 05:55 PM   #4
jdbell2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Ok, pulled the pan. Fluid is burnt and full of the glittery guts of my transmission. I tried ordering a trans from RockAuto but they said the 4t45e they have on their site is not compatible with the hybrid. What transmission do I need?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-23-2015, 12:12 AM   #5
vasy
Advanced Member
vasy is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line

PM PortugalFocus, he will help you out searching for a used one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vasy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vasy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #6
jdbell2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasy View Post
PM PortugalFocus, he will help you out searching for a used one.
Thank you sir!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
PortugalFocus
Advanced Member
PortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the roughPortugalFocus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbell2004 View Post
Ok, pulled the pan. Fluid is burnt and full of the glittery guts of my transmission. I tried ordering a trans from RockAuto but they said the 4t45e they have on their site is not compatible with the hybrid. What transmission do I need?
Clearly sounds you've got FDBU in the transmission. (Fairy Dust Build Up) Usually cause by fairies partying hard inside your transmission, getting drunk and leaving a mess to clean up.

The 4T45E is the regular 5speed auto mated to the 2.4L motor, it's similar but it will with your vehicle. Technically it will bolt to your engine, but that's all about it will do, none of the connections are the same, axles, hybrid motor doesn't mount to it, etc.

I've already DM'ed you back.

Michelin LTX M/S2's // MOMO // Razzi Spoiler // Westin // Hella // K&N // Clear Corners

V6 Air Bag and Steering Wheel Swap
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155754

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortugalFocus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortugalFocus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortugalFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:35 PM   #8
jdbell2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortugalFocus View Post
Clearly sounds you've got FDBU in the transmission. (Fairy Dust Build Up) Usually cause by fairies partying hard inside your transmission, getting drunk and leaving a mess to clean up.

The 4T45E is the regular 5speed auto mated to the 2.4L motor, it's similar but it will with your vehicle. Technically it will bolt to your engine, but that's all about it will do, none of the connections are the same, axles, hybrid motor doesn't mount to it, etc.

I've already DM'ed you back.
LOL FDBU love it!

What about rebuilding the trans? I suppose it depends on what needs replaced. I'm hoping to pull it out this weekend and having my mechanic dig into it a bit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #9
jdbell2004

We're going to try a rebuild. Will the parts for a standard 4t45e work?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!