SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 02:57 PM   #1
BLUEION2
Advanced Member
BLUEION2 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan
Default tail/stop/brake lights stop working? (QUICK FIX INSIDE)

Yesterday, I noticed that my rear drivers side blinker wasn't working. This morning, I found out it wasn't just the blinker, it was the tail lights, the stop lights, and the reverse lights. I checked both fuse panels, took the light out and checked all the bulbs and everything was fine. I called saturn and the lady at the desk told me that I would have to call back monday. (****TY SERVICE RIGHT THERE. DEALERSHIPS' SERVICE CENTER SHOULD BE OPEN EVERYDAY) I called back a few mins later to talk to the guy I know there, he says he had this happen on an L series before, and gave me some advice. His tip was to go out and turn on the hazards. This made the lights in the L series come back on. So I go out and try that, and nothing happens. I got pissed and slapped the **** out of the light, and low and behold the damn thing works now.

So the quick fix is to turn on ur hazards. If that doesn't work, hit the light.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BLUEION2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BLUEION2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2004, 04:16 PM   #2
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Hope the circuit boards aren't like those in the early L series.

Bad contacts that kept cutting out over and over.

Might want to check any connections between wiring harness and light assy for tightness.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 12:45 AM   #3
wrg813
wrg813 is on a distinguished road

Service Dept. open every day? If service was open every day 24/7 and they closed for an hour of cleaning, you would be the person that was totally inconvenienced by this practice(based on your statement). Get over it!!!!!!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wrg813's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wrg813 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 12:57 AM   #4
THX712517
Master Member
THX712517 is on a distinguished road

Eh, chill dude. He's obviously upset that his five digit car is malfunctioning because of a two digit part that he can't get.

2003 Saturn Ion
2001 Mazda Miata
1997 Saturn SC1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to THX712517's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help THX712517 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 01:16 AM   #5
wrg813

I agree, but that wasn't his point!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help wrg813 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 10:45 AM   #6
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally posted by wrg813
Service Dept. open every day? If service was open every day 24/7 and they closed for an hour of cleaning, you would be the person that was totally inconvenienced by this practice(based on your statement). Get over it!!!!!!!!!!!
Bingo... our service department is open 7 am to midnight and people still whine.
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 02:16 PM   #7
Caprice
Advanced Member
Caprice is on a distinguished road

People will always find somethign to comlain about.

I agree, it'd be nice to have a 20 hour a day service center availible just like it'd be nice to have 24 hour banking and such. I think especially these things would be nice for those of us who work third shift and don't want to change our waking hours for a day and screw up our schedule just to do a few things that need done.

Anyway, I understand your irritation BLUEION2, and I hope that you don't have any more trouble with it.

~ Simplicity is Beauty.
"Who needs electronic locks and windows, power steering, or automatic sliding
doors if you can trade it all for a little excersise and some spare change?"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Caprice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Caprice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 03:24 PM   #8
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Back years ago when Checker made cars, many NYC dealers had 24 X 7 service.

This was because many customers were taxi owner-operators but they'd also work on civilian Checker Marathons too.

Ford dealer near me runs to midnight, but they need to since there are lots of sick Fords out there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 05:50 PM   #9
BLUEION2
Advanced Member

2003 ION-2 Sedan

first of all, nobody said anything about them being open 24/7. In case you can't read wrg813, I said they should be open every day. Based on ur comment, it sounds like you don't have the first clue about customer service. Yes I do find it very inconvienent that I can't go to my dealership and have my car serviced after 2pm on a saturday. And if something happens after 5pm friday, I have to wait til monday to even make an appointment.

"Eh, chill dude. He's obviously upset that his five digit car is malfunctioning because of a two digit part that he can't get."

YES, WRG813, that was my point. I don't think ur problem is speaking b4 you think, I think ur problem is comprehension.

"People will always find somethign to comlain about."

YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT WHINING AND COMPLAINING....READ THIS

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...threadid=37140

Quote:
Yup my Redline is still not here and it's almost been a week. Somone hold me.
This kids whining b/c his car wasn't delivered on time and you pple trip over urselves to comfort him. They were trying to fix a problem with these cars and he's whining b/c it wasn't there when it was convenient for him. Your "GET OVER IT" comment would fit in right here wrg813.

I've made alot of friends here, but I've also found some "whiny" ass pple here. "*****ing" and "complaining" over the smallest problem. My dash squeaks, theres a clicking noise behind my rear passenger seats, they had to replace my tint b/c they needed to put a piece of felt on the trim, I HAVE SHIFT FLARES...You might refer to these problems as whining, or complaining. Thats ur thoughts. I on the other hand call it INFORMATION. The pple experiencing these problems were "COMPLAINING" and "WHINING" b/c they were trying to inform others of these problems. And thats perfectly ok. Others join in and "whine" or "complain" about theirs also. But the first time I INFORM others about THE ONLY problem I've ever had with my ion, and tell them what I did to fix it, I get my head bitten off. WHAT A JOKE.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help BLUEION2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 05:59 PM   #10
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEION2
first of all, nobody said anything about them being open 24/7. In case you can't read wrg813, I said they should be open every day. Based on ur comment, it sounds like you don't have the first clue about customer service. Yes I do find it very inconvienent that I can't go to my dealership and have my car serviced after 2pm on a saturday. And if something happens after 5pm friday, I have to wait til monday to even make an appointment.

"Eh, chill dude. He's obviously upset that his five digit car is malfunctioning because of a two digit part that he can't get."

YES, WRG813, that was my point. I don't think ur problem is speaking b4 you think, I think ur problem is comprehension.

"People will always find somethign to comlain about."

YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT WHINING AND COMPLAINING....READ THIS

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...threadid=37140

This kids whining b/c his car wasn't delivered on time and you pple trip over urselves to comfort him. They were trying to fix a problem with these cars and he's whining b/c it wasn't there when it was convenient for him. Your "GET OVER IT" comment would fit in right here wrg813.

I've made alot of friends here, but I've also found some "whiny" ass pple here. "*****ing" and "complaining" over the smallest problem. My dash squeaks, theres a clicking noise behind my rear passenger seats, they had to replace my tint b/c they needed to put a piece of felt on the trim, I HAVE SHIFT FLARES...You might refer to these problems as whining, or complaining. Thats ur thoughts. I on the other hand call it INFORMATION. The pple experiencing these problems were "COMPLAINING" and "WHINING" b/c they were trying to inform others of these problems. And thats perfectly ok. Others join in and "whine" or "complain" about theirs also. But the first time I INFORM others about THE ONLY problem I've ever had with my ion, and tell them what I did to fix it, I get my head bitten off. WHAT A JOKE.
Uhh, he was entheusiastic about his first new car. Where do you get off calling him a whiner? Maybe you should check yourself and certanly not insult another board member in a post here. Put on your flame suit because I have a feeling you are about to be burned.
You just lost 10 points on my respect meter... not cool.
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 06:08 PM   #11
Aeain
Advanced Member
Aeain is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

I never said it wasn't convenient for me it wasn't here. I just gave an update that it wasn't here. I was told the carrier had it the Wednesday before this post. I expected 3-4 days. It ended up being 8 days to get to Ohio from Spring Hill.

Yes I was excited about my first new car. Heck my first car period.

I hope you feel good about yourself for calling me names. Sure other people might have called you a whiner but you should be the better person.

I got enough s**t for going over to SRT Forums and defending the Red Line. Now they except me. Just so I can have a person here tell me that I am a whiner.....

Andrew
2004 ION Red Line

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aeain's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aeain reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 06:09 PM   #12
Caprice
Advanced Member
Caprice is on a distinguished road

BLUEION2 -- I interpreted the "Somone hold me" thing as a kind of joke. Yeah, I can understand tho why he'd be seriously upset about getting his 20k$ item a week late, but I didn't interpret him as whineing.

You on the other hand want to point at everyone else and say things like "I think ur problem is comprehension" and "In case you can't read wrg813, I said.... <snip>." Thats just mean spirited and totaly unnecesary.

Learn to spell and quit YELLING and maybe some people will care a bit more about what you have to say. (((HUG)))

~ Simplicity is Beauty.
"Who needs electronic locks and windows, power steering, or automatic sliding
doors if you can trade it all for a little excersise and some spare change?"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Caprice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Caprice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 06:37 PM   #13
BLUEION2
Advanced Member

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally posted by dhickerson
BLUEION2 -- I interpreted the "Somone hold me" thing as a kind of joke. Yeah, I can understand tho why he'd be seriously upset about getting his 20k$ item a week late, but I didn't interpret him as whineing.

You on the other hand want to point at everyone else and say things like "I think ur problem is comprehension" and "In case you can't read wrg813, I said.... <snip>." Thats just mean spirited and totaly unnecesary.

Learn to spell and quit YELLING and maybe some people will care a bit more about what you have to say. (((HUG)))
(in a calm manner)
I understand the reason for your comment. Yes I know he was joking about that "someone hold me" comment. and I also understand how he would be upset about recieving his $20k car a week late. But what I don't understand is how others can say that I'm whining b/c my $18k car with a brake/tail/reverse/turnsignal malfunction upset me. This is a problem that could cause an accident, or get me a ticket. I think I have the right to be upset. Once again, I was only tellin you guys about the problem i was experiencing and what i did to fix it since my service dept was closed. But thats where wrg813 comes in and says "get over it", and calls me a whiner b/c of my comment on the service dept. Then says that my gettin pissed over gettin my 2 digit part fixed on my 5 digit car wasn't my point. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have responded the way I did, but its already been done, not like I can make it go away. If you ask me, his comment was uncalled for.

To clearify one more thing. I don't have anything against you aeain, I merely used your comments to make a point. So if what I said upset you, I appologize for those words.

I'm not kissin anyones ass here, if I'm not wanted here, then I'll leave. I just felt it right to take a min and read the whole thing over and set things right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-20-2004, 06:51 PM   #14
Aeain
Advanced Member
Aeain is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

Apology Accepted.

Andrew
2004 ION Red Line

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aeain's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aeain reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2004, 08:07 PM   #15
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

I understand where you are coming from, but don't you think 7 day service is a bit irrational? Most dealerships aern't even open on Sunday around here. Not trying to bust anyone's chops here, but you can get your point across without insulting another board member.... that was my main gripe with that post.
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-20-2004, 11:37 PM   #16
BLUEION2
Advanced Member

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally posted by OhioVueBoy
I understand where you are coming from, but don't you think 7 day service is a bit irrational? Most dealerships aern't even open on Sunday around here. Not trying to bust anyone's chops here, but you can get your point across without insulting another board member.... that was my main gripe with that post.
~D.J.~
No i don't think that a 7day service center is irrational. Lets say you were in a situation where its mid saturnday afternoon and something is wrong with your car. (what was the most common problem when they first came out? the key hole falling into the door panel) Lets say that happened, and you need to go out of town that night and your car is your only way to go. But your dealership's service dept is closed. You have to wait til 9am monday morning just to make an appointment to bring it in. Something that could be fixed in less than a day actually takes you 3 days to get fixed. You've missed your trip, and you can't go. I call that an inconvenience. Maybe its just me. I work in sales. I deal with customers every day. At my store, customer service is number one. Why, b/c we wan't the pple who spend thousands of dollars with us each month to come back the next month and spend a few thousand more. But thats just the way I see it.

I agree that I could've responded w/out the insults. What I don't agree with is how wrg813 came at me w/all the negativity after my original post. I understand your reasons for policing the thread and wanting to keep it clean, but maybe you should point the finger at wrg also.

Anyway, I'm done with all this. I apologized for the coments made about aeain, and I'd like to share with everyone that my further exploration of this stupid problem found this malfunction was caused by a loose bulb. The bulb sits in its holder, but not as snug as its supposed to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-21-2004, 11:30 AM   #17
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEION2
No i don't think that a 7day service center is irrational. Lets say you were in a situation where its mid saturnday afternoon and something is wrong with your car. (what was the most common problem when they first came out? the key hole falling into the door panel) Lets say that happened, and you need to go out of town that night and your car is your only way to go. But your dealership's service dept is closed.
Most retailers are open until 6 PM on Saturdays... I know we are. At any rate, we need a day off, too. I can see something like say, your engine falling out onto the ground to cause you inconveniance, but a keyhold falling into a door shouldn't cancel your trip
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-21-2004, 07:04 PM   #18
wrg813

Whoa, didn't mean to spark all that. My apologies if I missed the point, but the cursing and yelling was about the service hours, and the concern and temp fix seemed to be quite acceptable. My bad if I misinterpreted(or miscomprehended... 2 different meanings). I suppose my point was(and possibly not presented properly), is it ever convenient for something to go wrong with anything in everyday situations. I think we all agree "No". Once again, didn't mean to stir things up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread