SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

Default SynPower® Full Synthetic Motor Oil

Is anyone using Valvoline SynPower® Full Synthetic Motor Oil? I have been using Mobil 1 but in the last year it does not perform as good. I was wondering if anyone has used Valvoline.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
plato
plato is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SC2
Default Re: SynPower® Full Synthetic Motor Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
Is anyone using Valvoline SynPower® Full Synthetic Motor Oil? I have been using Mobil 1 but in the last year it does not perform as good. I was wondering if anyone has used Valvoline.
how do you know it's not been performing as well? I've used valvoline, mobil1, Castrol. Now I'm using Penzoil Platinum. I did not see a difference in any of them. But I am not getting them analyzed either so who knows...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plato's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plato reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

In all of my cars 6 of them Mobil 1 has gotten dirty faster, and the cars have been more sluggish and it all has happened since I last changed my oil. Staurn, Ford and Jeep.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
plato
plato is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SC2

I really doubt you can feel your car getting sluggish due to oil. Maybe gas formula switched from summer to winter?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plato's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plato reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
themrfreeze
themrfreeze is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato View Post
I really doubt you can feel your car getting sluggish due to oil. Maybe gas formula switched from summer to winter?
My thoughts exactly. In the last month or so, I've seen my MPG go down by almost 3. Has to be the winter gas formula doing that...it's that time of the year.

Besides, if you notice that Mobil 1 gets dirtier faster than the other oils, isn't that a sign that it's doing a better job cleaning the deposits out of the engine?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to themrfreeze's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help themrfreeze reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
themrfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
Audi Junkie
Audi Junkie is on a distinguished road

SynPower is one of the better synthetic oils on the market. In fact, they already are bottling their new GF-5 formula. In reality, plain dino oils are quite good. Synth oil really only offers marginally longer changes. Still, it's a good bet if you are going by the OLM for your change intervals.

Anyway, the better synth oils have the Euro ACEA "A5" spec, rather then the lower A1. These are Pennzoil Platinum, Castrol Edge and SynPower. Ecotec are generally not hard on oil. Plain Pennzoil or Havoline is fine out to 5000-6000 miles. Motorcraft is a standout product as well.

http://www.lubrizol.com/EuropeanEngi...ToolIntro.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Audi Junkie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Audi Junkie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Audi Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #7
cavalier
cavalier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrfreeze View Post
Besides, if you notice that Mobil 1 gets dirtier faster than the other oils, isn't that a sign that it's doing a better job cleaning the deposits out of the engine?
Exactly.

I've been using Mobil 1 for more than 20 years now with no problems whatsoever in any of my vehicles.

2000 LS1 has 192,000 miles on the clock.....weened on Mobil 1 since the 12,000 mile mark.

That's a testament to the oil, IMO.

Sluggish car has absolutely ZERO to do with the oil or brand whatsoever.

This guy either needs his injectors cleaned or needs to dump a couple bottles of Techron fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank during his next fill-up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cavalier's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cavalier reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote