SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #21
swoker183
swoker183 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
Default Re: Crazy High Idle...

my understanding for fixes for this issuse are: the IAC, a reprogram, and i believe something to do with the valve body

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swoker183's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swoker183 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
swoker183 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #22
racegirlfor1
racegirlfor1 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

i have a 2003 ion 2... and have had the same problems... first they thought it was carbon build up.. cleaned that out.... and updated software.. reprogrammed... still did it... then put a new throttle cable on.... still did it... more updates... still did it... so then they say ok we will put a new throttle body on it.... did that... still did it.. worse though to the point they wouldn't let me drive it home because it was considered dangerous.... so that's when they put a new ecm on it.. and it hasn't done it since.... it still kinda idles high but it usually goes back down.. this seems like a common problem..that scares me.. i just hope it takes care of it .. and it doesn't come back next winter.. but.. make sure you call saturn corp and put a complaint in that's the only way they are going to know that this is a common problem.. when i called they said they hadn't had any others when i know darn well several from this board have had the same issues as me....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to racegirlfor1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help racegirlfor1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
racegirlfor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #23
SaturnManMike
SaturnManMike is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to update.

Here's a recap... since it's hard to follow on this thread...

Day1. Took my car in last Friday... car idled high for them to see, they reprogrammed the PCM. Drove home that night, no problems.

Day2. Saturday... didn't drive car

Day3. Sunday... Car idled high on two occasions

Day4. Monday... Car idled high that AM when I got to work. Called Saturn and brought it in that evening - car did NOT idle high for them (of course)... was told they need to see it again. Great.

Day5. Tuesday... no high idle when I got to work that AM, stopped at Saturn in hopes it would for them... nothing. Drove home... nothing.

Day6. Wednesady... no high idle

Now what? I know that they didn't fix it... but I have to have it happen at the dealer again. I guess I should be happy its not happening. I am at 32,000 miles. If this is a weather thing, next winter when this starts happening again I better not get "sold" a new PCM to fix this.

I this will be my last update of this thread unless it happens again. Good luck all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnManMike's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnManMike reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnManMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:30 AM   #24
racegirlfor1
racegirlfor1 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

sounds like the problems i was having either the weather had to be just right.. for it to do it... and if i didn't bring it in while it was doing it they wouldn't do anything... so it got to the point i would drive into work park it would high idle.. call saturn and drive it straight there....it was a pain in the butt but... for them to figure it out...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to racegirlfor1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help racegirlfor1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
racegirlfor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #25
Bertillion
Bertillion is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Sedan
2008 AURA XE

Saturns become angels during the warmer weather. You don't hear all the rattles and squeaks anymore. The run right and have good gas mileage. lol

"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bertillion's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bertillion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bertillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #26
SaturnManMike
SaturnManMike is on a distinguished road

And another update... it's been a while

So, my Car has been idling high off and on, and magically it would stop when I got to the dealer (how annoying!) After regular trips to the dealer, it finally happend on the day I had scheduled for on oil change. I pulled in the garage and the RPMs shot up to 2k.

Here is a summary of what I had done...

"Found no code in the PCM... Found throttle plate to be weak when hot not close throttle plate.... Replaced throttle body assembly and gasket

Repair - Body Unit, Throttle - Replace"

Not sure what was meant by "weak when hot not close throttle plate", but that was it says in the invoice.

I am happy to say that so far, this seems to have done the trick. I have been driving like normal, even took a longer trip recently... and NO issues. The RPM's are even behaving when at a stop light.

I will update again if it comes back... but this appears to have been my fix. It's been about 12 days of normal driving.

-Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnManMike's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnManMike reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnManMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:18 PM   #27
MySlowSC2
MySlowSC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Didn't see this mentioned but my sc2 does this quite frequently... have you tried cleaning the throttle body? $4 for intake cleaner for Auto Zone and a few paper towels. Saves from the dealers doing it for 135. Just a thought... also note using 87 gas will cause more build up from experience.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MySlowSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MySlowSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MySlowSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote